How secure is Sify Broadband?

fullyaddicted

Regular
Hello everyone
Last month i got sify broadband connection. Since I got the connection, i am experiencing many hack attempts. Most of the are form the neighborhood and all of them are high rated.
What is your experience in this regard? 🙁 :angry:

I get hacking attempts all the time.....that's why i use double firewall

I use ZoneAlarm. This firewall is the best of all. i have used more than 10 firewall whilch includes norotn, mcafee, pc-cillin, panda, tiny, sygate, tiny ....What Firewall do you use? which one u suggest? 🤔

I use ZoneAlarm. I've had about 16,000 highrated intrusions since I installed it a few months back.

it considers a ping a hack attempt. i had my PC without a firewall for 3 months. does not seem to have missing anything on my PC. but who knows... better careful than sorry. get zonealarm and block anything that looks suspicious.

Hey could anyone help me run a firewall(kerio) with the broadband client? Unless I temporarily disable the firewall before connecting, the connection breaks off after a while ....Thanks ...BTW, as for security, try this, in your firewall, enable the adapter subnet as a "trusted" zone, and open Network Neighborhood ... you see all users who are connected, and you can even enter some ppls computers! :-/

hmm... not much problems with zone alarm. maybe add the sify ips in trusted zone which try to ping you back! i added a ip from sify mumbai into my zonealarm.

Hmm ... any idea how to find all the ips? I got one from the bbclient.ini file ... but I think there are more.BTW, its late for me to say this, but gr8 to find a forum for sify users, will try to bring all sify users I know 🙂

someone form this forum said , "i can see someones box for my network neighborhood and i can access his stuff". But i cant see any thing .You see something?

Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 19 2004, 01:21 PM
i did see 3-4 systems online during the night time. not now.
[snapback]976[/snapback]
[/quote]

i thing Your ppl are not useing any firewall . that why you can see some other box.

I saw that ... I do use a firewall, but have configured it to treat the local network as safe ... the only way it(firewall) would run. BTW, I can not see my own comp in the network, but can other users?

firewall stops me entering their system. watching the systems depend upon their network settings. file and printer sharing settings exactly.