Connection keeps disconnecting with GLB-502T

halluc1nati0n

ISP
Airtel
My Airtel 128kbps UL connection (Chennai) seems to be disconnecting for like every half an hour with my D-Link GLB 502T ... :wall: This has been happening since last 2 months...Even after numerous calls to customer care, they maintain that its not a line problem and that it's my modems' problem....But no, even with another modem, it's the same issue.Seriously thinking of switching over to BSNL ... :madness:Any suggestions guyz??

what kind of wiring configuration do you have at home? multiple phones connected to the same line perhaps? if not, try telling them that you have tried with other modems and the problem persists...

In any set up when 2 or more units are involved , always better to try one by one.( I have assumed you tried/tested another modem along with the router )1. Try only with the modem ( is it Beetel220Bx ?)If problem is not there, Post screen shots of both the Modem and Router. Para two : How you connect ? always on or Dialup mode ?If Always on check the modem "always on " setting.

Thanks for the heads up..
But yeah.. The telephone line was not routed thro' the modem ..
Was ther separately..

Probably that was the issue. Now it seems OK! 😀

Problem still persists.... 😡Could a faulty UPS be the problem ?:SOr fluctuating current supply in the room where my PC is kept??Is that a problem ??

telephoneline ==>>>splitter====.. adsl Rj11====.>>modem==.>>.Rj45 ====> computer.telephoneline===>>splitter====> from telephone port.Rj11 cable ====.>>> all telephones cordless extension etc.How you connected from the modem ? presume you meant the splitter.Power supply is regulated in the computer , and modem supply 9V DC to 12 V DC

telephoneline ==>>>splitter====.. adsl Rj11====.>>modem==.>>.Rj45 ====> computer.
telephoneline===>>splitter====> from telephone port.Rj11 cable ====.>>> all telephones cordless extension etc.
How you connected from the modem ? presume you meant the splitter.

Power supply is regulated in the computer , and modem supply 9V DC to 12 V DC

uh .. The Modem is also a Router ..
It has two telephone line jacks on its backside
1. Line
2. Telephone
So I believe I do not need a separate ADSL splitter right?

^ nope you dont need a separate adsl splitter as your modem has it built in.if you think its due to current fluctuation, check if the router is getting restarted.have you checked using a different router? could be your router may be at fault.

Problem still persists.... 😡
Could a faulty UPS be the problem ?:S

Or fluctuating current supply in the room where my PC is kept??
Is that a problem ??

Its not a faulty UPS..but the problem occurs when u have fluctuating voltage with the GLB 502T connected to the UPS..it will lose the sync with DSLAM whenever the UPS switches on and off..basically its an old flaw with GLB/DSL 502T range of crap from D-Link

uh .. The Modem is also a Router ..
It has two telephone line jacks on its backside
1. Line
2. Telephone
So I believe I do not need a separate ADSL splitter right?

Very interesting information, which I did not know earlier.
Even then , I will connect the Incoming Airtel Telephone line to the splitter they provided. to check whether freq disconnection ceases.If no improvement status quo ante.

^ i guess that happens to all routers. if voltage fluctuates a bit, router reboots.

Nope its a particular prob with the GLB/DSL 502T series..

Nope its a particular prob with the GLB/DSL 502T series..
oh shucks...
Seems I'm screwed then! :wall:

I'll have to use my old Beetel/Yozan Tera 100U USB modem then (GlobespanVirata Chip). But my driver CD is not working.
It was a modem provided by Airtel themselves...
Is there any specific driver page for Airtel modems?

^^^
dont worry I have the driver... uploaded it to link-removed:
link-removed: 1-Click Webhosting

btw i'm also using the same modem. the only reason being it needs no external power.. so even during powercuts i'm not screwed... 😀

I purchased another modem from airtel - the ethernet+usb thing - but everytime there is a power cut net connxn goes boom..
I dunno why airtel is not offering the Tera 100U modem anymore 🙁