Google Pixel 2 - Google Pixel 2 XL

Hi Guys,

I had stopped doing any purchases on flipkart long ago. But Google going exclusive with only Flipkart for Pixel 2 phones and giving attractive offers left me no choice but buying on flipkart...
Things didn't go well post pre booking the phone. Already release date was kept 15 days ahead of Pixel 2 delivery and when 15th Nov(actual pixel2 xl dispatch) date arrived, nothing moved on delivery status on flipkart app. I quickly got suspicious as pre booking usually gets packed and dispatched in early hrs of release date.. Repeated calls to flipkart support didn't yield anything. During the EOD saw many angry customers bombarding on twitter. BGR too reported the story today. Yesterday received regret mail from Flipkart on delay in shipment and new date says 1st dec which is rude shock for somebody who has pre booked...Flipkart taking customers for ride and taking them granted. I believe Google updated them on delay but they kept mum since lot of potential black&white customer would have gone to offline store for prebooking. Sad part is even Google too not coming in public and apologising ... Petition is initiated by somebody on twitter and i have signed . Any user here facing same issue , pls comment...

Google Pixel 2 XL Black & White Variant Has Availability Issues in India
A Google spokesperson had this to say in the meanwhile, "We apologise for the delay in shipping the black and white Pixel 2 XL, and are working hard to remedy it at the earliest. We thank our users for their patience, and look forward to welcoming the new owners to the Pixel family."

In short, I have finally found a great replacement for Nexus 6P. I love this phone.

I love the small size. 1080p was annoying at first but I can live with it. Camera is freaking amazing. Performance is great. Battery life seems to be pretty good considering the battery size. But it’s not worth 61K. At 40K you are still paying a lot of money for a great camera considering OP5T is still cheaper and has much better hardware specs. I hope the price cut becomes permanent so that more people get this phone and enjoy the fantastic camera Google has put on it. It’s a shame that Pixel is priced so high because it would have been a great seller at Nexus level prices.

One small thing I wish Google had done. Made gestures customizable. Squeeze can be used to initiate Google Assistant. I would love to connect it to camera. There are gestures for picking up the phone to see notifications. I would have loved if Pixel 2 allowed to turn off the ringtone on doing this. I loved this feature on Nokia 8. Nokia 8 also had a feature to take screenshots from the quick notification panel. I loved that as well.

The only annoyance factor left is that I cannot seem to find a good case/screenguard for it. I installed gadgetshieldz on it but it is not case friendly so as soon as i installed the case on it, the screenguard started ripping at the edges. Would need to order one again and cut the borders before installing it. Only a few Spigen cases are available for Pixel 2 on Amazon and prices are pretty obscene. Ordering a Ringke transparent TPU case which costs Rs. 999 insane as it would turn yellow in a few weeks.

Here is a photo taken in low light conditions. Flash was on for this one. Would share more shots in coming days.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vGR54yYCVDUClJEg2

without flash. has motion feature as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Cha6fUOgm4GwCdOO2

Last edited:
it is impossible to get a decent spec phone with a smaller display. when i was looking for a phone for dad... could not find anything below 5" so ended up ordering Redmi 3s prime which is what you also have i believe 😀

Right. 5" & 5.5" are now the small & regular sized phones. Anything less than 5" also most likely comes with terrible specs. And makes sense in one way - calling is now just one of the many features of the phone...

calling is the least used feature on the phone for a lot of us lol.

this is also the reason why iPhone se was so popular in india. you get iphone 6s (or was it iphone 7?) quality hardware in a 4 inch sized phone. a friend of mine specifically bought the se because she wanted to buy a small phone. and she was using samsung note 1 before. Samsung Galaxy note 1 at 5.3 inches was considered huge back then.

Right, iPhone SE 2 is coming as well - So probably someone who does not mind the OS, but is more keen on size can probably consider that - But then knowing Apple it will probably launch at 40+ or even more

would still sell like hot cakes. market for small powerful phones is there. and Apple has the decency of catering to it.
there were reports that mi is also considering launching a small sized powerful model for this market. but nothing came out of it. i guess the market is not big enough for their volume size.
Sony tends to launch compact variant of their flagships with 4.7" displays but they do not even bother bringing these variants to india because of lack of sale.
i mean people would pay 40-45 for iPhone se 2. but they would not pay the same price for sony xperia z5 compact. i would not as well.