Holy shit, check this out.

heh, ur ISP just got employed some n00b to look after things. It should fix itself when they look at the previous days data usage...sometime tomorrow 🙂enjoy

i certainly am.😀It did happen once before too and that times i got speeds of 300KBps (2.4 Mbps). the situation was like this for 5 hrs but unfortunately that day my comp was destined for a format so i couldn't utilise the speeds.

that was like 8 months ago.as for the last night situation, i was able to download a 400 meg file within 45 hrs from the torrent network. it was good while it lasted but speeds are now back to normal when i tried again this morning.

400Mb file in 45 hrs !!! ...heh that's like 35-40 kbs (avg) at best m8.

Speed Blasts like the one u got happen with all lan ISP's 🙂I used to get 4-5 Mbps sometimes on both Hotwire and sify. Speed could have gone higher but i think that was the maximum that the cheap quality 2 pair cat 5 cable and hubs could support.

hey I got speeds over 2 mbps for whole 7-8 days on sify recently......it was like a trip to USA

Originally posted by cyberwiz@Jul 22 2005, 08:41 PM
Speed could have gone higher but i think that was the maximum that the cheap quality 2 pair cat 5 cable and hubs could support.
[snapback]17846[/snapback]
[/quote]

That cheap cat-5 cable can handle Gbit speeds, if the hubs can 😛. Most likely they had cheap and old 10Mbit hubs.

Instead of 10/100 (or better )switches where ur connection is dedicated.

It works out well for the ISP in this case else they would have to close up shop cos of one user that downloaded "crores" & "crores" of stuff lol.