Slow speeds

Vince

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
May 23, 2005
I was getting 10KBps, both on DUMeter and my downloading softwares like flashget, bitcomet, etc...Now, even though DUMeter shows 10KBps, the downloading softwares show at the most 6KBps!!!Dunno what is wrong...Anyone else here getting low speeds?It did rain like hell in the nights for the past 2 days here in Chennai...

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
DU Meter gives wrong reading all the time coz it takes into consideration the traffic flowing through the network card. download managers would give you better speeds than browsers coz they are made to extract the maximum available bandwidth. browsers are more generous in their sharing bandwidht with other available applications.

Vince

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
May 23, 2005
But Sushubh, wheni was downloading from http links, it would download at 10kBps, now, even though DUmeter shows ~10, Flashget shows just ~5kBps..!!I called up the CC, they said they'd look into it...

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
Originally posted by Vince@Jul 21 2005, 03:30 PM
But Sushubh, wheni was downloading from http links, it would download at 10kBps, now, even though DUmeter shows ~10, Flashget shows just ~5kBps..!!

I called up the CC, they said they'd look into it...
[snapback]17561[/snapback]
[/quote]

But it says u have a *64k* connection in ur profile :unsure: !!!

I'm surprised you see anything over 7-8 kB/s

Vince

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
May 23, 2005
@boygr8: any tips man? i checked my processes under taskmanager and with Hijackthis, but i cant find anything suspicious...@blr_p: yea, well, i WAS getting 10kBps, now its down to about 4-5 kBps....i still think its the rain.... :(

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
broadband at 64???i thought the definition is 256 kbps for broadband...anything below it is not BB :p

Vince

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
May 23, 2005
Bsnl with its stupid data caps, Sify with its insane data caps, Airtel with its 'Buy a phone line to get BB', and all the other players in the market claiming to providing BB with some catch....I must add TATA has crazy plans too and I aint supporting it either....i'd switch over to any other service provider who'll provide affordable UNLIMITED internet access...Can you suggest any such provider coolbuddy? :D i'm sure many people would be grateful if you could!!

Vince

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
May 23, 2005
Or since you feel i dont have a TRUE "BB" connection, that i post my queries in another sub-forum called 'Fake BB' ? :)

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
i'm on MTNL right now and am quite satisifed with it...it's a true broadband!!!though with the proper billing in not place yet, i'm still have some second thoughts about it...i just got a bill of 7k when i'm not supposed to get anything more than 650 bucks for my connection...but am positive that it will get resolved soon...so if u're in Del or Mumbai, MTNL is the best bet for the time being!! :)