slow browsing sluggish speeds in bombay

• Thread starter Thread starter jango
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 8,360

jango

Hi, I need to know if any sify "broadband" subscribers are facing sluggish speeds since the last few days. Thier technician came in to troubleshoot and concluded after 3 hours that my os is infected with viruses and trojans. He said people from the back end inspected my pc online and could tell. He said all this after i overheard him talking to a senior on his mobile asking if the sam server had any problems as i wasnt the first customer to moan about slowbrowsing and download that day . When i referred to this conversation to refute his tall virus claim , he conveniently had no recall of it. I hear almonds are good for people suffering from memory lapses.

This problem is there on all 256 kbps pack.....i used 256 kbps 1 GB limited pack for 2 months.....there were frequent timeouts....and speeds were too variable......Sify is not worth 256 kbps

i think the prob is with all the packs. i am facing this prob from last three days of consistent speed of 2KBps where as i shud get above 8KBps.

Originally posted by Suraj@Jul 21 2005, 12:02 PM
yes me too but my problem was resolved yesterday i had updated on last friday...
[snapback]17515[/snapback]
[/quote]

where r u from.

Originally posted by Suraj@Jul 21 2005, 12:02 PM
yes me too but my problem was resolved yesterday i had updated on last friday...
[snapback]17515[/snapback]
[/quote]
Any idea what was wrong? how did they resolve it,? I'd appreciate any help i can get . I'm in bombay too.

Originally posted by Suraj@Jul 21 2005, 12:15 PM
Airoli, New Bombay.
[snapback]17518[/snapback]
[/quote]

how ur prob is solved. i am trying from 4 days but same ans from the CC that the complaint is pased to the tech dept and the prob will b solved with in 4-5hrs. but there isnt any activity from thier side till now.

yesterday a sify engineer came by and checked my system. he said he couldn't find any problems with it, he then checked the cable, no problem there also. He checked the switch, couldn't find anything either everything was normal.After having done all that he could, he called up my cable operator and asked him to call everybody i.e all users in and around my place and shut their pcs for sometime.Then all the pings became normal, no timeouts whatsoever. He called the guy again and then told him to tell each and every user to start his pc one by one. interesting.....ping was running then all of a sudden timeouts started he then talked with the operator and took the address of the customer who had just booted his pc up.He went to this guys place and ran a complete virus scan....it turned out this guy was not behind a firewall and had no antivirus either. Sick peopleLots of viruses where found it seems....

Originally posted by juned_1981@Jul 21 2005, 12:27 PM
how ur prob is solved. i am trying from 4 days but same ans from the CC that the complaint is pased to the tech dept and the prob will b solved with in 4-5hrs. but there isnt any activity from thier side till now.
[snapback]17523[/snapback]
[/quote]

i had sent one real nice email of worlds best words that any human could talk about their customer care and stuff to their ceo...ramaraj i think thats the name.

surprise the next day i had a sify engineer at my door steps.

well i had been emailing them for 3 weeks now.....had completely lost all patience once i got the ceo's email id.

Originally posted by Suraj@Jul 21 2005, 12:41 PM
i had sent one real nice email of worlds best words that  any human could talk about their customer care and stuff to their ceo...ramaraj i think thats the name.

surprise the next day i had a sify engineer at my door steps.

well i had been emailing them for 3 weeks now.....had completely lost all patience once i got the ceo's email id.
[snapback]17530[/snapback]
[/quote]

can u give me his email id.

Originally posted by krish_88@Jul 21 2005, 12:46 PM
Damn iam also having the same problem In Mumbai
[snapback]17534[/snapback]
[/quote]

from how many days u r facing this prob.

At last my problem was solved Dear Sir/Madam, We understand that Ms. Namita spoke to you and helped you in solving your problem. Kindly mail to us or call us at our 24 hour customer care number (1600333330) incase the problem persists.Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you !Warm RegardsCustomercare@SifyISO 9001:2000 certifiedHave a nice day !

I had the problem for 2 days. There was no speed at all. I mailed them and after that an engineer from Local cable came to my house. The problem he told was related to switch which he checked in the terrace i think