slow browsing sluggish speeds in bombay

• Thread starter Thread starter jango
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 8,370
Anyone that comes to your home to fix computer stuff is called an "Engineer". And most often what they can come up with is reformat your PC :-|. Take the word engineer with a pinch of salt in this field in India 😉.

format windows=bringing windows to normal state.

There are more elegant ways to do that 😉. The point is us users often know of those ways and the "engineers" do not.

Originally posted by sifyfan@Jul 26 2005, 02:22 PM
format windows=bringing windows to normal state.
[snapback]18358[/snapback]
[/quote]

my windows installation is quite normal inspite of being more than 2 years old and being used for more than 16 hours a day for like 6 days a week.

Originally posted by anand@Jul 25 2005, 03:36 PM
BitComet is banned, geez...
[snapback]18221[/snapback]
[/quote]
Private trackers used to ban BitComet because version 0.57 had the peer-share and peer-cache functions enabled by default and embedded into the software itself so impossible to disable unless ofcourse disassembling it, this posed a real threat to private trackers as unregistered users could dl/ul their files. The new version has an option to disable this function. But now most trackers use tracker-side code to prevent peer-sharing

Is it still possible for people to use other people's ip addresses and surf on their accounts ??? My account had Rs.400 balance at 10 o clock in the morning one day and in the evening, it expired.... And throughout the day, I had not accessed the net even once in that day since it was down.... What the hell is the problem with sify and why do sify users eat each other up ?? really, this is sad and frustrating.... 🙁 Can someone help on how to obtain a new better isp in Borivali (W) mumbai ??

Is it still possible for people to use other people's ip addresses and surf on their accounts ???[/b]

may be the Sify engineer who visited u recently or the CTO himself 😛