Excitel Broadband: Has your LCO upgraded local network to Fiber to handle additional load?

• Thread starter Thread starter john_dud
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 8,296
Another issue is I can't play any vimeo videos on 720p or higher, they just won't play and even on auto they stutter a lot. It seems this connection doesn't play nice with fastly CDN which vimeo uses to deliver their content.
-- dead tinypic image removed --

The URL used for the test
Code:
https://cloudharmony.com/speedtest-for-fastly:cdn

Last edited:
Weekend shitshow continues
6438498811.png

So it's now a ritual, every weekends internet won't work at all however is able to get an IP from their switch. Facing the same issue as @john_dud
LCO won't recognize the issue at all. I think I'll be switching back to ACT after all. Sorry Excitel had enough of your usual shit.
The thing is once I raise a ticket on their portal, shitheads close the ticket once the connection starts working the next day. Was promised fiber soon™ but nope.

Last edited:
Thank god I decided against switching to Excitel. Even though I get abysmal upload speeds on Siticable (1mbps on a 50mbps connection), reliability any day trumps speeds.

So my LCO says they'll be upgrading all their switches to gigabit and it'll resolve all speed related issues which I doubt because I suspect they don't have enough uplink bandwidth and they didn't provide a deadline for implementing this change. I'm waiting for ACT to start providing connections in my colony, they've already started offering services in my locality.

Last edited:
LCO says they already upgraded all the switches which is a lie most likely because the weekend choking continues. Customer care logged a ticket for this issue on weekends, I'm not holding my breath though because come Monday the issue will resolve itself and they'll close the ticket.
6456876022.png

I think the problem is the lack of bandwidth and shitty/no QoS for last mile network switches. I don't know which switches LCOs use to deliver switches for last mile but I think it's inadequate for new plans.
Uploads aren't affected because not a lot of people upload constantly all the time (unless you are a streamer)

I was sleeping during the worst affected period. At around 6 it was fine. It is fine at the moment. Kal dekhte hai.

This is the excitel new delhi server and the latency is always 1-5 ms for this particular server. Latency never goes beyond 10 ms even on my other connection when testing in NCR region on normal days.