ACT changed their network setup in HYD

manojrk

Regulars
Nov 14, 2012
Chennai
I contacted ACT like I said in the first post and they say a static IP will cost 250 a month!! Is the person conning me or is this bewildering thing true?
That's legit. My ISP charges ₹400 for the same. Someone here mentioned the private IP (10.x.x.x) is free and only the public IP (183.x.x.x) costs ₹250 per month.

madhusudhan7

leaguemaddy
Regulars
Aug 10, 2008
Bangalore
I still have this old Static IP from ACT in Bangalore without any additional charges but this was issued a few years ago, because of our then network server + camera setup.

*I had disconnected the connection in favor of another local provider over a year ago & they gave me a hard time when we asked for the same static IP, they had another concept of some Public IP (which isn't exactly static but it follows a separate VPN route to the internet, instead of the otherwise normal/private IP which is behind NAT).

They eventually gave us a Static IP when their network engineer could not solve the network connectivity issue of a certain application running on the server at the time, but as of today we don't have the server setup but our network camera still continues to work seamlessly.

aniladivishnu.2000

all about internet
Regulars
Apr 1, 2017
Hyderabad India
same case iam having VPn connectivity problem with my router because ddns not working so iam thinking to change from act airtel is the best in Hyderabad but it is not available in my areia(gandinagar) so pleas tell me which isp to go

powerwatts

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 16, 2011
Hyderabad
That's legit. My ISP charges ₹400 for the same. Someone here mentioned the private IP (10.x.x.x) is free and only the public IP (183.x.x.x) costs ₹250 per month.
Dang!! ACT did it for free like 8 months ago in Bangalore. Just like their plans, looks like they have different policies for different cities.

powerwatts

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 16, 2011
Hyderabad
Just a lil more info on this,

Does any one of you know if there is an ISP who keep the ports open?...like how ACT had it all these years in Hyderabad until June.

AgentX

The Secret Agent
Regulars
Dec 22, 2007
Chennai
I cannot get a static IP from ACT here in Chennai even If I wanted to pay - I already have the free 10.x.x.x range setup on my connection but they refuse to provide an actual internet facing IP.

Moreover, their support regarding this is too slow too - my tickets about this take at least a few weeks to get any response whatsoever.

varunc24

Feb 3, 2008
ACT has provided me a static public IP and I got it configured on my router as well through their tech support. I paid a 1 time fee of Rs.2500/- for the static IP. I am from Bangalore and I am on their ACT Incredible plan