Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Updates

Instresting to note from the article is that "in matter of weeks TS will increase their channel count to 200" means we might end up in paying Rs. 500 per month in matter weeks.........and fter 3 - 4 years when TS starts to beam all the indian channels then i believe we will end up in paying Rs. 3000 or 4000 pm..........:wall:. The channel rates after 3 - 4years ESS will cost Rs. 200 pm Tensports Rs. 50Zee Sports Rs. 50Neo - 100Star 150 Zee - 250Sony - 150Sun Channels - 100

Instresting to note from the article is that "in matter of weeks TS will increase their channel count to 200" means we might end up in paying Rs. 500 per month in matter weeks.........and fter 3 - 4 years when TS starts to beam all the indian channels then i believe we will end up in paying Rs. 3000 or 4000 pm..........:wall:. The channel rates after 3 - 4years

ESS will cost Rs. 200 pm
Tensports Rs. 50
Zee Sports Rs. 50
Neo - 100
Star 150
Zee - 250
Sony - 150
Sun Channels - 100
You may be lucky; your salary increase will more than cover up the increased subscription.

I am ready to pay this pack provided if i a get a salary of triple the time what i get now.........meaning 90,000 INR a month.......😛

Now Tata Sky has around 160 channesl with mothly subscription around Rs.450/-.😛
What will be the mothly subscription if TS add 1000 channels :wall: , it cost around Rs.3000/- PM 😢
Have you ever checked the pricing and no. of channels on DirecTV, a sister concern of TataSky in the US. www.directv.com and u will realize how many channels and what are the international package pricing. Another sister concern of TS is www.skytv.co.nz you can check here for quality of website and what you can expect of TS in future.

I am ready to pay this pack provided if i a get a salary of triple the time what i get now.........meaning 90,000 INR a month.......😛

Well said. But I doubt whether it will happen.

You will get it. I will pray for you.

guys tell vikram to add one tamil channels first with current transponders and then we can assume about increasing their platform to 1000 channels😡 :evil:

Well said. But I doubt whether it will happen.
You are correct and even i doubt getting a salary of Rs. 90000pm:rofl:

You will get it. I will pray for you.
Thanks buddy..............:thumbsup:

Good achievement but I still dont know what we will do with further plans in 2012 and manned mission in 2020.

Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge > Isro to add 36 transponders in one year: Bhaskaranarayana

NEW DELHI: Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) has mapped out its programme till 2025 and is planning to make 36 more transponders available in the period of the next one year, a senior officer said.
This was revealed by Isro scientific secretary A Bhaskaranarayana at the Casbaa Indian Satellite Forum 2009 here today.

In a keynote address, Bhaskaranarayana said Isro had presently made available more than 200 transponders for various functions. It was operating seven remote sensing satellites and also a large number of other satellites including communication satellites in the field of education, health, e-governance, and rural advancement.
Referring to the Chandrayan mission, Bhaskaranarayana said that the aim was to study the origin of the moon. He said only 30 per cent of the moon’s surface had been mapped and the aim was to learn about the rest. India would also put a man in space within the next two years.

He claimed that Isro, which recently became a member of the Cable and Satellite Association of Asia (Casbaa), was now self-sufficient in that it had developed capability in operating and launching satellites and had launched more than 17 space satellites. It was operating two navigation projects from space, apart from Edusat for educational purposes, a satellite for telemedicine, another for village resource centres, a satellite-based disaster management system with 350 centres, and a satellite-based search system.
Bhaskaranarayana said Isro, which had commenced operations in 1963, was one of the most cost-effective satellite operators in the world.

Referring to television, he said that the Satellite Instructional Television Experiment (Site) in the early seventies had proved to be a trend-setter for many countries, and the Insat series of satellites had helped Doordarshan and other Indian satellites to beam their programmes.

Answering a question, he said it was up to the countries which were covered in the footprint of the Insat satellites to approach Isro in case they wished to utilise its services.

Bhaskaranarayana also said one C-Band and One Ku-band was available at any time for emergency requirements.