BSNL DataONE - Huawei Modem (256kbps)

ckr

[OP]
Jul 17, 2005
I took BSNL Modem and paid all charges... and now I cannot see any new Unlimited Plans... Yeh Dil Maange Unlimited.1 Question guys:Can I use the same BSNL's modem (i got 256kbps) with Non-BSNL Broadband service providers who have better details... especially better Unlimited Plans?

A

abdulrahman004

Currently only BSNL and Airtel have the DSL technology for which that router is reqd. If airtel is available in ur area then u may use that modem.

BSNL_CMD

Regular
Regulars
Jun 26, 2005
Airtel must be using USB based modems and not Ethernet based one. You need to check on that. Not sure if it will work. Is Airtel same as Touchtel. I think it should be.

BSNL_CMD

Regular
Regulars
Jun 26, 2005
So the airtel connection on broadband which is being mentioned on the forum repeatedly is the landline of the mobile. I think they offer internet thru mobile also at Rs 200 per month fixed. Its an unlimited connections ( Hutch charges for bandwidth though over the Rs 200 ) .

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
airtel offers both, a usb based modem which requires manually dialling and a lan modem/router which works automatically when turned on.