Can AIRTEL MOBILE OFFICE DWNLD SPEED BE INCREASED???

• Thread starter Thread starter sudipta86
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 26,724

sudipta86

ISP
BSNL Broadband - H 500
I have a Airtel connection. Through Mobile Office, I normally get a downloading speed of about 1-5 kbps. I own a Nokia 5200 which has edge facility. Is there any kind manual settings or tweaks which can be changed to obtain higher downloading speeds? Can anyone suggest plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :redface::redface::redface:.

is Barrackpore is in kolkata? if yes then you can get the advantages of EDGE & you can get higher download speed

yeah, barrackpore is in kolkata. but how to use EDGE, is there any kind of special settings change. any help will be very much appreciated ...........

there are no separate settings for edge,, if the mobile has edge then it automatically makes use of it when the operator supports edge... otherwise the settings remain same as gprs.

while using the net if there is a small e icon on ur screen then it is edge .... if there is a g icon then normal gprs is working. Above apply for Nokia!

i already get 247kbps speed with airtels mobile office...THE SPEED WON'T GO ABOVE THIS BECAUSE UR PHONES EGDE CAPABILITY IS LIMITED TO 247KBPS...u can wait a year or two for 3G services which can offer speeds of upto 2mbps...

i already get 247kbps speed with airtels mobile office...

THE SPEED WON'T GO ABOVE THIS BECAUSE UR PHONES EGDE CAPABILITY IS LIMITED TO 247KBPS...

u can wait a year or two for 3G services which can offer speeds of upto 2mbps...

:redface::redface::redface: But iam recieving a speed of just 1-5 kbps.will u please suggest how can i increase this.my phone is Nokia 5200, having edge capability.so what should i do to increase.Actually the mobile office is connected at 460 kbps. But still 5 kbps is not enough.It should provide atleast 50-60 kbps. please suggest something.it would be great :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

connection speed is depend upon the mobile device you are using.normal dial-up connection provide a maximum of 5.6 kbps download speed & EDGE provides 14.4 kbps. if you want to 50-60 kbps then i suggest you to get a broad band connection.

:redface::redface::redface: But iam recieving a speed of just 1-5 kbps.........It should provide atleast 50-60 kbps. please suggest something.it would be great

Even I have EDGE enable phone with Vodafone here in Mumbai.
I have basic unlimited GPRS for Rs99/month
To get EDGE speeds I need to enable the Rs499/month GRPS service😕

Coz with basic GPRS i can also dialup and login,but like you
my speeds are also 1-5kbps

i suggest everybody to connect there phones at 3.00am in the night just to understand that the 247kbps connection is not myth... now i've also heard a thing called "edge" and "non-edge" area... better do a double check with your service provider...

take my advise... if your phone shows an "E" while connected then use the above trick.
normal "G" users, ignore this... u don't have EGDE in ur area...

460 kbps is the port speed...

EDGE provides 14.4 kbps

not true... or maybe ur referring to the performance of the older phones

Even I have EDGE enable phone with Vodafone here in Mumbai.
my speeds are also 1-5kbps

just to let you know... i have a hutch billing connection... i got about 247kbps... i downloaded a 500KB file in a nearly 15 seconds

also i downloaded it on the phone and not on my pc but that doesn't make any difference... hutch is no good by the way... here also 247 is not always

i suggest everybody to connect there phones at 3.00am in the night just to understand that the 247kbps connection is not myth... now i've also heard a thing called "edge" and "non-edge" area... better do a double check with your service provider...

take my advise... if your phone shows an "E" while connected then use the above trick.
normal "G" users, ignore this... u don't have EGDE in ur area...

460 kbps is the port speed...

not true... or maybe ur referring to the performance of the older phones

just to let you know... i have a hutch billing connection... i got about 247kbps... i downloaded a 500KB file in a nearly 15 seconds

also i downloaded it on the phone and not on my pc but that doesn't make any difference... hutch is no good by the way... here also 247 is not always
in west bengal where EDGE is available the download speed is not as much as you say.

you say you download 500kb file in 15 sec. this speed is 33kbps not 247kbps.

you say you download 500kb file in 15 sec. this speed is 33kbps not 247kbps.

this is common misconception... just to let you know that a small "kb" is different from a capital "KB"

for eg, i would say...
my bandwidth is 256kbps
and my download speed is 32KBPS or 32KB/s

downloaded a 500KB file in a nearly 15 seconds
i downloaded this on my mobile where u cannot see the average speed but i'm sure it was 247kbps or 28KB/s

It is the 'b' that matters.Kb or kb = KilobitsKB or kB = KilobytesRelation:1KB or kB = 8Kb or kb.so, 256Kbps/8 = 32KB/s

b = bit.B = byte.kb = kilobit.kB or KB = kilobyte1 byte = 8 bits.1 kilobyte = 8 kilobits.ps or PS = per second.So a 256 kbps plan will give you theoretical download speeds of 32 KBPS.