Frustrated with AIRTEL + NOKIA + everything else

sunandoghosh

ISP
depends
Frustrated with AIRTEL + Nokia + everything else + myself...!!!

Respected dear fellow members and honourable geeks,

My life is messed up with this airtel mobile office Rs 249 and Nokia 6610i...

REASON...

1. Unable to access internet on computer through it.

2. Unable to get help from 4777 (Supposedely Airtel Mobile Office Customer Care) from last 7-8 days.

3. Tried everything possible from my side.

WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING...

a. I downloaded and installed first the Nokia Cable Connectivity driver.

b. Also downloaded PC suite software and installed.

c. Got my airtel settings done from airtel people by visiting their service centre (dont what centre it is but airtel is having a big showroom where i went) to City Centre, Saltlake, Kolkata.

d. It shows google home page on mobile phone when pressed I but not able to access internet through it on computer.

WHAT I THINK:

a. The screenshoot of the process where I am facing problem is attached herewith...

http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nokiascreenshot9js.gif

Actually after pressing next on this screen (of course after attaching cable to computer and phone)...there is nothing happening...

WHAT I WANT:

I humbly and most sincerely request some knowledgeable forum member to please assist me if he/she feels that there is some way out or any hint as to what i should be doing.

AGAIN I must thank for reading this long story of mine and may be possibly helping...

Thanks again

Bets regards to everyone...

Cheers

sunando

i beleive u're trying to use the phone as a modem and the service is very much ISP dependent, like Reliance...just ask Airtel if they provide internet through their phones...this is different than GPRS, where u can access the net on ur mobile... 🙂i hope this information is useful...if not, sorry... 🙂

Well yes ..gprs service is for the mobile only and if u want to browse hru the PC u have to pay more and its a different service