Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Card

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 17,928
wjGOD2e.jpg

no thread in this message. yet.

got first message from yes bank about aadhaar linkage with bank account. no threat of any kind yet.

lol. i sent a tweet to yes bank asking them about the nature of this request.
they did not reply on twitter probably to avoid being on record.
got a call from their corporate office. lady asked me my query. i told her that i wanted to know whether linking aadhaar with my yes bank account is mandatory or optional. she said it's mandatory. i did not want to waste my time so i said thank you and finished the call.
would bother taking it further when they start pushing it. but it's annoying to be honest.
waiting for when they would threaten to shut down my account like other banks are doing.

^ " FINE! you don't want to give it voluntarily?! We'll take nevertheless! "

Disgusting

lol. i sent a tweet to yes bank asking them about the nature of this request.
they did not reply on twitter probably to avoid being on record.
got a call from their corporate office. lady asked me my query. i told her that i wanted to know whether linking aadhaar with my yes bank account is mandatory or optional. she said it's mandatory. i did not want to waste my time so i said thank you and finished the call.
would bother taking it further when they start pushing it. but it's annoying to be honest.
waiting for when they would threaten to shut down my account like other banks are doing.
This is the thing. They say its not voluntary in public record but ask them directly and they say its mandatory. Ive seen many old people coming to bank rushing to give their adhaar number so that their pensions don't stop abruptly

my canara bank called me and said that they're closing any accounts not linked with adhaar and asked me to update asap.

my hdfc people said that same thing but through call

Sorry to admit, but I fear its going to be inevitable. The resistance can only be only that much without any real support.

They are cornering with social benefits, then EPF, then for passport, mobile, bank accounts , IT returns. Unless you become a hermit & live in the mountains/jungle - you are unlikely to find an escape route

^ " FINE! you don't want to give it voluntarily?! We'll take nevertheless! "

Disgusting

Not only that, the text says they can provide it to external agents/vendors for purposes of providing services/products (marketing/scams?) haha

got another call from yes bank right now. same lady. seemed annoyed. i asked her to send me a copy of the order or notification stating that the linkage is mandatory. she said she would check if there is one. lol.

We wish to inform you that we are investigating matters with concerned department on priority and we request you to allow us 10 days to revert to you in this regard.

10 days to locate the non-existing notification. Woo.

right. i was planning to import the ubnt load balancer and now i am not sure if it would make sense with 50% tax.

As I messaged you, I didnt get taxed today for the router I ordered but GST is from tomorrow so maybe it'll from tomorrow? Even though customs don't have anything to do with GST?