Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Card

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 17,933
GST is from July 1 afaik. And even that seems unlikely as most states are not prepared. West Bengal FM has already stated that they are in no way prepared to switch to it by the deadline.

And of course... customs and import duty is unlikely to have any relations with gst 😀 i should get my stupid ice tray tomorrow. the router you ordered looks great for the price. though i assume the free premium delivery feature they had at the time is no longer applicable?

the free premium delivery is still there. you can order it. but pay for insurance also. gearbest has the great insurance policy among all the chinese sites

GRN7u0l.jpg

Can someone provide a small summary in English for previous post? Is is that someone got 50k scammed in some way using their Aadhar?

someone called this lady asking about aadhaar number.
she thought it was from the bank so she gave it.
50,000 rupees are debited from her account.

i really do not know how money can be extracted solely through aadhaar number. even if you know bank account number... some kind of authentication would still be needed right? only logical explanation is that her biometric data was replicated and the money was transfered through AePS? would love to know more details.

yup. aeps and bbps are taking control away from you from your own bank account. with bbps, the government is essentially asking you to link your bank account to bill payment services. so money can be taken out from your account even if you do not want to pay for whatever reasons.

Dear Mr Mittal

Greetings from YES Bank Ltd.
This is further to our mail.

We refer to your concern regarding the receipt of SMS towards updation of Aadhar details for your account held with us. In this regard, we inform that the updation of Aadhar details is mandatory as per the communication received from Ministry and we have shared below the extract from the circular no 15 dated 24 May 2016 for your perusal.

“ The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 has been published in the Official Gazette on 26th March, 2016 pursuant to the assent of the President received on 25th March, 2016. Section 7 of the Act enables the Central Government to use Aadhaar for establishing identity of an individual while delivering any service on which the expenditure is incurred from or the receipt therefrom forms part of the Consolidated Fund of India. Linking of Aadhaar number with the Bank account facilitates credit of social benefits / subsidies through Aadhaar Payment Bridge System (APBS) of NPCI.

Publicity: Pamphlets, Banners at Branches & BC Locations. SMS may be sent to accounts having mobile numbers.”

We trust the above clarifies your concern.

Please let us know if you require any further information / clarification in this regard.

We thank you for banking with us and look forward to your continued patronage.

Assure you best of our services.

In case you need any further assistance, we request you to kindly get in touch with us through our YES TOUCH Phone Banking numbers listed below.

Thanking You

Sincerely,
Gousiya Banu
Office of Head Grievance Redressal
YES Bank

The content from the circular does not seem to make aadhaar linkage mandatory with bank accounts to the best of my understanding.

Not sure if already posted.

Reserve Bank of India - Notifications

2. In this connection, in view of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India’s interim orders dated August 11, 2015 and October 15, 2015 (W.P. ( c ) No. 494 of 2012) on usages of Aadhaar, it is hereby clarified that use of Aadhaar Card and seeding of bank accounts with Aadhaar numbers is purely voluntary and it is not mandatory.

What the facta it means I do not know 😵

Accounts opened from July 2014 to August, 2015 will have to submit know your customer (KYC) details and their Aadhaar number to banks and financial institutions by April 30 and self-certify them to comply with FATCA regulations (Foreign Tax Compliance Act), the tax department said on Tuesday.

Read more at:
Aadhaar: Your bank, other financial accounts may be blocked if you don't link them with Aadhaar by April 30 - The Economic Times