96 kbps pack capping?

• Thread starter Thread starter kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 3,883
^firoz16 where r u from? and how much does the unlimited plan in BSNL cost?

Originally posted by power@Jul 19 2005, 01:39 AM
some error which they usually get giving out good speeds to some ip's :lol:
[snapback]16989[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wat do u mean by that ? are u hinting that some ppl have jugaads inside sify ?

i think sify people r constantly reading this forum. they have dropped my speed to 4KBps from 18-20 which i was getting till yesterday for 15-20days.really sify s**ks

I have been getting around 9-11 kBps since February-March. But I only enjoy it if Sify stays up and not down or their DNS servers and all sorts of servers have not gone cuckoo.

everyone is not that fortunate mate 😉

I suspect the time of speed increase (in which month it occured) depended on which SAM server ones gets connected to. Maybe they rolled this new thing out gradually.

umm....i doubt...their bandwidth/servers are robust enough to give everyone good speeds...so it hardly matters which SAM server one is connected to 🙂

Originally posted by cancer10@Jul 19 2005, 09:50 AM
^firoz16 where r u from? and how much does the unlimited plan in  BSNL cost?
[snapback]16999[/snapback]
[/quote]

asi said iam from hyderabad.
and i have to choose between bsnl and beam cable system(they offering good speeds).but in bsnl forum someone said that bsnl may announce thier new packs soon.so iam waiting for that.

and abt my speed.iam using same setting as before.but from 2-3 months iam getting this 12kBps speed.(not only for me but my whole lan)(but still download limit is there.)
what ever.jitna aayega utna lo 😛

Hey firoz dont go for BSNL as long as they dont intrdouce new schemes.The 1 Gb limit is too less and i m sure u cannot manage in it. I am thinking of disconnectiong it my self but there are 2 reasons y i m not doing it right away. first is that those people put the modem on outright pruchase when i wanted on installation basis. Secondly aug 15 is fast approaching so lets c whats in store....As for beam cable i have heard some bad reviews bout it but that was some time back. So before you for this connection check out with some people who have this connection and one more thing...i just contacted one of the fellows from beam they charge around 600/- P.M. the speed stays around 48-64kbps it seems.... any ways u confirm it form ur side and tell me. Any ways SIFY isnt the worst optiion .. i wud still advice that to u if nothing turns around for u.Where excatly in hyd do u live? I have heard there is some ISP called bharti (not airtel i guess) around the abids area who are offering conenction for cheap. Enquire about them if possible....

Is it possible the new 256 shared pack may give a lot more speed? waiting for reply from some one who bought this pack.

my personal experience, it doesn't even give u the speed it's supposed to give (around 32 kBps), but that was quite some time ago, before all these speed increases...no idea about right now...

Yes you may get 32kBps but then expecta downtime of more than 15 days if they are giving you that speed