TIMBL broadband

there is probably nothing that you can do about this. just change isp
Aakash I actually just subscribed to Timbl as an alternative to MTNL which provides very inconsistent service. And I think I only have Excitel serving in my area other than MTNL and Timbl. But from your and other posts related to Excitel, I came to know that they also have CG Nat implemented and MTNL does not provide good Unlimited Plans.

Btw, I see that Delhi MTNL is advertising some connection that has the capability to "Blow our minds" - speed coming soon on their main page - MTNL Delhi.

And could I use Zerotier for Torrenting and other P2P as you suggested in one of your posts.

The wan IP u are getting is a public IP which means u are not behind CG NAT because if u were behind CG NAT the IP u will get is a private IP which starts from 10.x.x.x, 100.x.x.x, 192.x.x.x, 178.x.x.x

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Nitin, my IP is 103.***.154.45. So, it is a public IP. However, the default Gateway is 10.30.30.1. Has this anything to do with CG NAT?

So, why my Torrent Ports seemed to be blocked? I have checked them and they are blocked. Any clarification?

@Shashank80 every gateway ip is a private ip so it has nothing to do with it. Try this methods
- Turn on UPnP if option is available in gateway or
- Open the required port through port forwarding or
- Change dns to google or cloudflare dns
- Use VPN

Last edited:
Would TP-Link TL-WR841N Router work as a Wi-fi repeater/extender for my TIMBL connection with Primary Cable Modem placed in a room 35 feet away in another room with 2 walls in-between?

I am getting it for Rs 849/- only on Amazon Freedom Sale. Someone please confirm quickly if yes. many Thanks

Thank you Nitin for the reply. Is the Router TP-Link TL-WR841N easily configurable for this purpose?

If I buy this Router, I want to connect it to my TIML Binatone BES460 Cable modem in another room 35 feet away first through WI-fi to my 2nd Desktop which does not have Wi-fi Card or Adapter. But I will connect my Desktop with a an Ethernet Cable to TL-WR841N router for getting the connection to my Desktop and also share the connection through Wi-fi to my Phone and Laptop with this TL-WR841N router? And later through LAN. Is this really possible?

Thank you Nitin for the reply. Is the Router TP-Link TL-WR841N easily configurable for this purpose?

If I buy this Router, I want to connect it to my TIML Binatone BES460 Cable modem in another room 35 feet away first through WI-fi to my 2nd Desktop which does not have Wi-fi Card or Adapter. But I will connect my Desktop with a an Ethernet Cable to TL-WR841N router for getting the connection to my Desktop and also share the connection through Wi-fi to my Phone and Laptop with this TL-WR841N router? And later through LAN. Is this really possible?

Or is there any other Router of TP LINK or any other Brand for the same purpose available within the same Price range? Thanks again.