TIMBL broadband

Shashank80

Regulars
Oct 5, 2008
Thanks again, Smh, for your reply. I could not find any option to DMZ OR Port Forward.

I am posting the screenshots of all the Pages of the Binatone BES460 Router as well as my IP Address according to Whatismyipaddress.com here for you. Please check and advise.

Shashank80

Regulars
Oct 5, 2008
Smh? Anyone having any idea how to torrent successfully behind this CG NAT network with or without Port Forwarding?

Smh

Regulars
Nov 7, 2016
I checked your router specs there should be option for setting DMZ but if you are behind CG NAT port forwarding would be useless so may be contact tumbl to check what options they have for your problem.

for torrents check if you could

1. get static ip (very unlikely it will be available)
  2. VPN
  3. Seedbox

mods/admin - if discussions about torrent is not allowed pm me.

Reactions: Shashank80

Shashank80

Regulars
Oct 5, 2008
Thanks. Should I tell them that I want particular ports open on my Connection/Router for allowing "Torrents" (or other P2P apps)? Are you sure they will co-operate?

And I used Avira Phantom VPN for torrenting on Timbl but the ports would not open. And for seedbox I need to spend money. Then there is no use of Torrents or other P2P apps which provide free shared content. Please suggest.

Shashank80

Regulars
Oct 5, 2008
there is probably nothing that you can do about this. just change isp
Aakash I actually just subscribed to Timbl as an alternative to MTNL which provides very inconsistent service. And I think I only have Excitel serving in my area other than MTNL and Timbl. But from your and other posts related to Excitel, I came to know that they also have CG Nat implemented and MTNL does not provide good Unlimited Plans.

Btw, I see that Delhi MTNL is advertising some connection that has the capability to "Blow our minds" - speed coming soon on their main page - MTNL Delhi.

And could I use Zerotier for Torrenting and other P2P as you suggested in one of your posts.

Nitin

Mar 21, 2018
Thanks again, Smh, for your reply. I could not find any option to DMZ OR Port Forward.

I am posting the screenshots of all the Pages of the Binatone BES460 Router as well as my IP Address according to Whatismyipaddress.com here for you. Please check and advise.

The wan IP u are getting is a public IP which means u are not behind CG NAT because if u were behind CG NAT the IP u will get is a private IP which starts from 10.x.x.x, 100.x.x.x, 192.x.x.x, 178.x.x.x

Shashank80

Regulars
Oct 5, 2008
Yes Nitin, my IP is 103.***.154.45. So, it is a public IP. However, the default Gateway is 10.30.30.1. Has this anything to do with CG NAT?

So, why my Torrent Ports seemed to be blocked? I have checked them and they are blocked. Any clarification?

Nitin

Mar 21, 2018
@Shashank80 every gateway ip is a private ip so it has nothing to do with it. Try this methods
- Turn on UPnP if option is available in gateway or
- Open the required port through port forwarding or
- Change dns to google or cloudflare dns
- Use VPN

Last edited:

Shashank80

Regulars
Oct 5, 2008
Would TP LINK TL-WR841N Router work as a Wi-fi repeater/extender for my TIMBL connection with Primary Cable Modem placed in a room 35 feet away in another room with 2 walls in-between?

I am getting it for Rs 849/- only on Amazon Freedom Sale. Someone please confirm quickly if yes. many Thanks