TIMBL broadband

Me too. Anyone using Timbl broadband. Can anyone post some kind of review. I am fed up with MTNL as again there is some cable fault which, I do not know, might need how much time to rectify. And so I need to shift to some other good ISP who provides reliable service. And some people have installed their (Timbl's) broadband connection. Anyone?

Last edited:
Anyone using Timbl. I talked to the guy who distributed pamphlets in our area? He is giving Plans of Rs 528/- with 10 Mbps without FUP and also of Rs 825/- with 50 Mbps speed also with no FUP Limit including taxes on behalf of the company. There is a refundable fee for Modem/Router of Rs 1500/ and no other Installation fee. But before going for it I need to know whether they are worth it.

I need to chnage from MTNL as the SDO of our exchange says some building has collapsed and they do not know when systems would be up and running again. And the Broadband complaint status shows -> CBD (Or Cable Issue, it happens almost every 6 months or so). So, if anyone using Timbl, please give suggestions on Timl Broadband's quality - stability, speed customer support etc? It would be helpful. Thanks.

I finally got a TIMBL Connection. But getting the connection installed was avery much troublesome.

I asked for a connection which I could share through LAN to one main PC in my father's room which everyone uses and other PC in my room. The two rooms are about 20 meters apart. So, I was doubtful. I made an enquiry to the company number 9212199966. They contacted me and sent the sales people from the local LCO to see the arrangement of the PCs and assured me that they would install everything as I need and took Rs 825/- inclusive of taxes for 699/month Fibre 50X connection that would give 50 mbps speed symmetrically (Download and Upload) Unlimited without any FUP for each month and promised installation the next day.

However, there was no sign of the Installation guys for around 6 days. But after repeated complaints to the Customer Care and contacting the local LCO owner, he sent his staff for installation. He laid the cable wire hardly till my main PC. (Had to again complain to get an extension cable till my main PC). He came later the same day and installed an old Cable Router - Binatone BES460 - near the main PC and connected it with a LAN/Ethernet Cable. He told me that the Router has been reset and the connection would get activated after an hour or so. And it did get activated the same day but the speed was just around 3 -4 mbps only. So, I did not pay the Installation amount of Rs 1500/- (Refundable) that day.

I registered another complaint. The guys from TIMBL called and took Remote Access to my PC and Router to see whether I actually was getting such slow speed. He verified and did some adjustments from his end and also reset the router. They also sent another Engineer at my place to check and they did co-ordinate among themselves to finally give me a speed of 48-52 mbps through LAN and around 10-15 mbps through Wi-fi.

But I got that only after downloading Ultra HD Videos from YouTube One inportant thing to note was that they asked me to check the speed on the Task Manger App of my Windows and not on any Speed Test sites. They told me that the speed test sites have issues and do not reflect the true speed of the connection. They somehow made me believe that. I made the final payment for the installation to the engineer who visited my place hoping all would be well.

And now it has been around 5 days and there have been around 2 down times which they attributed to my area issues and assured me that it would corrected within 4 hours and it more or so did. However, I am using the connection through Wi-fi on my Mobile and also USB Tethering on my Mobile phone to the PC in my room as I do not want to spend more immediately on a Router/Modem and LAN Cable of aroung 30 meters.

Also all Ports for downloading Torrents etc are blocked and I do not know how to get them opened on Binatone Cable BES 460 Slave Router. Also I cannot get Emule application connected. Surfing speed is average. However, youtube is better. Know I can watch HD videos without buffering.

So, this was the experience of getting a TIMBL Connection and using it for a few days in Delhi. Anybody else using the TIBL Broadband connection, please share your experience. Thank you.

And does anyone know how to forward specific Ports in a Slave Cable Router - Binatone BES460 - provied by TIMBL Broadband. The Binatone website - BES460 – Binatone Telecom - states that the router supports NAT and DMZ but does not say how. Anyone knows how to do that? I need to do it for Torrenting as my Torrent client shows ports inaccessible. Please help or I am stuck with this TIMBL connection without torrents.

do timbl provide public ip ?

if you are behind CG NAT port forwarding will not help.

Thank you Smh for the reply. How do I know whether they are providing a public IP or not? And what is CG??

Btw, the Cable router they have installed is a Slave Cable router from Binatone - BES460. And in Security option - in 1st option for Firewall there are these options which are all marked -

Port Scan Protection,
Ping of Death,
SYN Flood,
Winnuke,
Smurf,
ICMP Redirection.

And there are two more options in Security which are -

URL Filter and MAC Filter.

What to do to allow specific ports or is it possible?

check your ip in your router and then google 'my ip' to check if both are same.

CG - carrier grade nat. Because of shortage of ipv4 most isps have started using CG NAT, basically a public ip is shared by multiple users.

None of those firewall options are related to port forwarding.

Yes, Smh you are right I checked and found both IPs to be same. So, what is the solution. Is Torrenting by port forwarding possible or is there any other way to be able to have access to specific ports for torrents and other apps?

Thanks again, Smh, for your reply. I could not find any option to DMZ OR Port Forward.

I am posting the screenshots of all the Pages of the Binatone BES460 Router as well as my IP Address according to Whatismyipaddress.com here for you. Please check and advise.

WEgmyvp.webp
JlAPeQz.webp
vWUOCtE.webp
LFV4T6o.webp
etHElzJ.webp
7q3jbot.webp
YFQvonH.webp
FoZFSb5.webp
0CLGq02.webp
Gd0n3l1.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Smh? Anyone having any idea how to torrent successfully behind this CG NAT network with or without Port Forwarding?

I checked your router specs there should be option for setting DMZ but if you are behind CG NAT port forwarding would be useless so may be contact tumbl to check what options they have for your problem.

for torrents check if you could

1. get static ip (very unlikely it will be available)
  2. VPN
  3. Seedbox

mods/admin - if discussions about torrent is not allowed pm me.

Thanks. Should I tell them that I want particular ports open on my Connection/Router for allowing "Torrents" (or other P2P apps)? Are you sure they will co-operate?

And I used Avira Phantom VPN for torrenting on Timbl but the ports would not open. And for seedbox I need to spend money. Then there is no use of Torrents or other P2P apps which provide free shared content. Please suggest.