Airtel Broadband Latest Plans (As of April 2017)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 116
  • Views Views 36,404
^ No it's still there. They are simply not displaying all the available plans. You now have to email or call 121 to know more about the plan details.

Thanks for the response @Karan! I have just one last question, what is the upload speed on the 40mbps connection and the post FUP speed?

That's not bad at all, compared to the dismal 1mbps I get on SitiCable. It totally bottlenecks all video calling.

I contacted Airtel after they came out with these new plans and they checked the speeds in my area, they're saying I will get up to 40mbps and have offered me the 1099 plan in which I get a total of 90+83GB/month data.

I wanted to know what is the usual down time with Airtel and how quick is the resolution if there is any issue? Further, after one year, what is the possibility of Airtel extending such plans or giving such benefits? And, is there consistency in the speed or up to 40mbps means ~20mbps?

The Airtel chap said there are aluminum cables laid in my area and there should be no issue with the speed.

Airtel is very reliable and super quick to resolve any rare issues that crop up. In the past 5 years I have had less than a few hours of downtime.

However the speed you get on these VDSL plans depends on your distance from their Dsl switch. For instance, I am nearly 2 km away and I get max 28 Mbps on the 40 Mbps plan. My uploads hover around 3.5 Mbps. If you are less than 1km from the switch, you will receive full 40 by 5 speeds.

yup. in my case, the local guy gave me his number to call him directly for smaller issues. not sure what benefits him more... resolving more issues through the official channel or having less complaints registered through the official channel.

and since he is assigned to my sector, he is usually a few minutes away so he comes rather quickly and fixes any problem that occurs.

So, after registering with Airtel and all, I got in touch with the chap to see why there had been no revert from Airtel after 2 days. The guy said there is a technical error in providing a connection since the box near my house has no free connections and they'll contact me as soon as something opens up! :/

Airtel seems to have snuck in an extra few GBs in some of the plans for NCR, I can't tell from all these small changes they keep making what all is different, the 220GB plan I have is now 225GB. Yay!!! errr.... NOT!!!

Will have to wait and see if they automatically adjust it or like always I would have to call and get it done. The other problem I see is the free 1000GB add-on I have, knowing airtel I may end up loosing that if I have them change the plan, in which case screw the extra 60GB!

Can't wait for Jio to launch something that forces airtel to give better options!

Last edited:
^^ More than better options, A better services is expected from Jio 🙂

Reliance and better services do not make sense in a single sentence. They mostly aim for the segment who is willing to pay for mediocre services because they are priced low. I am not sure what the condition of Jio 4G LTE network is these days... But I do not expect them to revolutionize broadband in India like they have revolutionized mobile internet in India. This remains a fact. Jio has brought more people online on their phones.