Bsnl broadband speed low

• Thread starter Thread starter Idhayakani
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,260
ISP
No
I am in 2mbps plan 1199.I am getting 1.6mbps average in speedtest. Complaint to bsnl they say maximum speed will be from 1 to 1.5mbps only.Complaint made in twitter but no use. how to get 2mbps speed?
My router shows line rate for download 1999 kbps. When i used 8mbps plan before i got only 6.5 mbps. Bsnl exchange is within 1 km from my house.

BSNL is an ass. They strive to deliver max of 80 percent speed which is minimum they need to provide as per trai regulations. You can try pgportal. But it probably won't work. Writing to appellate authority is probably a better idea.

Yup. The maximum speed I've seen on my 2Mbps BSNL line is 1.8Mbps and average speed of 1.7Mbps. While my local ISP always provide me around 4.1 Mbps on my 4Mbps link.

I have been using BSNL Broadband for 3 years now. My plan is 4 MB/s till 175 GB and after that 256KB/s . I only get speeds of 3.4 to 3.5 Mb/s max . I pay 2587- every month for this shit plan. (2250+stax).I can't use airtel as airtel doesn't give me more than 2 mb/s in my area even though they have better plans and I can't change my Bsnl plan because the only plan which gives more than 175 gb is even more expensive than my existing plan . Every two months I have to face broadband problems from 2 hours to 5 hours.

so you can take a few speedtest results which show the net speed below 80% of advertised speeds and use that to complain to the appellate authority or pgportal. the speed has to be above 80% before fup is hit. if the wiring in your area is good which seems to be the case as you have access to faster speed plans, you basically have to push hard to get them to boost your line speed to at least 3000kbps. if you are the arguing type, you can also try visiting your exchange and fight it out with the guys there.

I can't do anything about it because airtel doesnt give me more than 2 mbps speed in my area and no other options are available. The local isps are managed by local goons who just take money and don't give any service and even disconnect your connection on their own if you download too much ,also half the time the connection is not working(yes i tried for 2 months) like IRISNET. Thats why I cant complaint to BSNL or against them on pgportal because I can't afford to get this connection terminated. Majboori hai kuch nahi kar sakta.

is the plan listed like this on bsnl website? because when i was on bsnl, they used to have same plans throughout the country with some exceptions (NCR cities for example had more data on some plans compared to rest of India).

This plan has been removed now , Instead they have introduced new plans like BBG ULD 2641 which gives 8 Mbps till 175 GB and upto 1 mbps beyond . I am hesitant to change to this plan because of the following reasons:
1. It is 391/- Rs more expensive than my current plan with same fup 175 gb,
2. If I take this then because of the increased speed my data will be consumed faster as most of my family members love watching shows ,cricket and youtube online.
3. 4 Mbps is enough for me and If I take an 8 mbps connection then my family members will get used to 8 mbps and wont be able to survive without it . (I know this makes me look cheap but I cant do anything about it)

I wanted to go for airtel cheaper plan of 2000 something in which they give 220 gb or something but I was not able to do so because of family demands of atleast 4 mbps connection. Now I am stuck with this plan atleast for now.

sucks that airtel is stuck at 2mbps at your area. for me its 4mbps on adsl. vfiber has arrived but i can't switch to it because they are out of modems lol.

It does suck , I have written many emails to Airtel requesting them and sometimes pleading to them to provide me 4 mbps connection but they could only offer a lease line which I cant afford. In Faridbad in my opinion 80% use airtel where its available and all of them are miser type like me even more than me because they keep on downloading stuff even after fup is consumed (at 512 kb/s), I thought that with jio things will get better, it did for airtel users but only data was given more and rates reduced but speeds are still stuck at 2 mbps which clearly suggests that Most of the city is under developed and it feels like living in an expensive village. I really envy Gurgaon and Delhi people because of this.