- Sep 21, 2016
If you are unable to play Amazon Prime Video content on your newly purchased Amazon Fire TV Stick here in India, this might work for you.
You probably had an Amazon.com account from where you purchased Kindle Books before Amazon added support for Indian account on the Kindle Store.
As a result, you might notice that the Amazon Fire TV Stick starts with Americanized homescreen with tons of content that is not available in India. Prime Video also shows content that is not yet launched in India.
There is a solution. Follow these steps:
- Load www.amazon.com/mycd.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the here link in the phrase "You are currently linked to shop on Amazon.com click here"
- Click on Learn About.
- Press the yellow colored button that appears to transfer your Kindle account to Amazon.in.
- Now access the Amazon Fire TV Stick on your TV and deregister from settings. It would log you out. Log back in.
- It should now show Indian content from Amazon Prime Video and the video content should play!