Nokia customer service / warranty service?

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 18,247

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Have a quick question. I have a problem with my E50, the phone isn't charging properly and I have to fiddle around with the cable. It only charges when I hold the cable at certain angles with the phone, so I think that the port in the phone probably has to be replaced on account of being loose or something.

The phone is still under warranty. But how long does Nokia take to repair these kinds of things? Anyone here have any experience themselves with Nokia's warranty / repairs service? I got the phone from a priority dealer, and while I do have a backup phone, it's a very very basic nokia one, so I can deal with it only for a few days!!

Nokia guys took a week to fix a problem with the mobile display which worked only after twisting it a bit.

ok - that's not too bad. I suppose the whole world would laugh at me if I asked whether they would give a replacement phone for that duration? :redface:

btw did you have to fight for them to do it within a week, or did they do so on their own? (I ask because I have heard a couple of horror stories of Nokia taking weeks and months - but that's hearsay, so I want authentic opinion).

Nokia Customer Care is Pathetic, they keep the phone for long periods of time, no standby phones and for every issue they just format, install new firmware and return the phone after a week, first time its submitted to them. :wall:In ur case, it may be different since ur problem is very visible............But u have to wait atleast an hour to even submit your phone..........Do carry the original bill along (if under warranty).

Nokia customer care here gave my cuz a standby phone to use for 45days when his mobile had some problem. standby phone was not the same but just basic b/w nokia phone.also recently a nokia priority dealer also said that they will give standby phone if new phone has problems

@imranais: I plan to go to the Nokia priority dealer from where I bought the phone, and not their main service centre (lajpat nagar?).

i think u would need to go to the service center. the sales people wont help you out.

but priority dealer here told me that if my mobile phone has prob they will send it to care center and also give me standby phone. may be because care center is quiet close to them.

They will send it to Care Center and care center takes more time for such repairs than the customer directly submitting the phone in Nokia Care, this is what was told by Nokia Care Center at sion.OT: Nokia Care Center in Sion is just a waste of time, 9 out of 10 customers they send to Lower Parel (Phoenix mills) Nokia Care Center for repairs.

Well the priority dealer who sold me the phone said that if I had any problems, I can give it to him and they will deal with it - probably means a delay of another day or two - but better than standing in lines for hours.

@imranwhats the deal with the Lower Parel center??Even Borivali(W) center send its max customers there.At parel its just unending lines and they have a stupid coupon system that means u wait an hour or more just to talk to some one about submitting ur phoneYes it took them 6 weeks to get me a replacement BP-5L battery(not the exploding one), and that too after calling and asking them a gizillion times.I wonder what they would have done if I had to submit the phone for repairs

Lower Parel is the Head Office of Nokia Care but don't really understand if they redirect majority of customers from other locations to Lower Parel then whats the use of opening Nokia Care at those locations???Maybe they opened other centers just for Display of Nokia and offcourse to sell Nokia phones & Accessories.

Went to Nokia "Care" centre to get a phone repaired and the experience was a shitty one. They had waiting chairs and an attender and out of 4 "booths" ..two were empty. The woman behind one booth told that only one person was allowed to enter the "booth". It was soo similar to the scene at govt offices. Been to samsung stores, experience was fine ..but at nokia.. its bad. Also the lady behind the counter was rude and implying that since we're college students , we tossed the phone too much and now something's inside is messed up. Phone was working fine but the screen was blinking randomly so went to rectify it. Finally they took the phone and said that they'll keep it under 4 days observation. Was soo pissed that we wrote on the feedback wall that the lady was rude..right in front of her. Although am sure that would be erased once we leave the store.

lol. yeah. Nokia is very complacent in india. i have had decent experience at samsung store myself. not that bad at htc. but nokia stores are usually full of people and hence the experience is not that great.