DNS Problems on Excitel Broadband

We completely understand the concerns of our users in relation to such aspects. Keeping in mind, the advantages of using our own DNS server(s) (as explained in my previous reply in this thread), this particular measures solves a lot of issues, as explained previously. I do understand, however, that some of our users would be discomforted by it.

After analysis of a good amount of user responses, it was found that users were generally more concerned about not being able do something, without even knowing the pros/cons, intricate details and understanding of the same. While this can attributed to a basic human nature, and is definitely understandable, it is probably not a good idea to act upon such inclinations. Instead, a solution which would solve the majority of the problems, but, have an undesirable side-effect, would be the viable and feasible option. Of course, this doesn't imply that we're ignoring the users that don't agree with such an option.

I saw someone suggesting a fix to this, to the tune of "provide a way to users to opt out of this", so that the user can choose to, potentially, be at a disadvantage in terms of peering and otherwise, to be able to use a third party DNS server. While this fix would sound easy and desirable, it isn't that easy to implement. This would need major changes in the way the backend works, which would add more work, which would in-turn encroach upon the time that we could invest into more pressing concerns, such as improving the stability and quality of the services that we provide. Once we've resolved a majority of these core issues, we can then re-evaluate our priorities to focus upon fixing such undesirable side-effects.

Time to block another ISP account for being absolutely useless. Bye bye.

Yup. I switched to 1699 plan for 3 months to show 'support' for what they are doing. Now I am on 799 plan waiting for the major fiasco which would force me to dump them for good. Den Boomband seems to be offering 300mbps plans in my sector 😱 It might not be unlimited but I can certainly buy bandwidth in bulk that suits my usage at reasonable rates.

Den is now offering 7Mbps no FUP plans now(at least in my area) , I might consider that for dual wan. Prioritize gaming and non peering traffic on that.

lol no websites are loading on my computer that i have not loaded in recent times. not sure if they have fucked up dns again at my end. even facebook is not loading.

Tumblr is loading really slow (seems like not even loading at times) since morning. Tired changing DNS and restarting modem several times.

anyone facing dns issues on excitel? cannot open a bunch of popular websites. imgur.com is one example.