Petrol Pumps to shut down every Sunday from next month(‽) (to reduce fuel consumption)

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
To reduce fuel usage, petrol pumps to be shut on Sundays May 14 onwards

i am not sure if this is a satire.
The Consortium of India Petroleum Dealers (CIPD) on Monday asked their members to shut shop on Sunday’s moving in tandem with the prime Minister’s vision to reduce fuel consumption. The association claims to have more than 25,000 petrol pumps, covering the entire South India and Maharashtra, as its members. Later, All India Petroleum Dealers' Association came out in public distancing itself from the decision.

"In line with the Prime Minister's appeal to reduce fuel consumption the CIPD has decided to request its members to declare Sunday as holiday from 14 May 2017," said A D Sathyanarayan, President, CIPD. "This comes at a time when the government is yet to take a call on dealers' commission, due to which petrol pump owners will mark May 10 as no purchase day."

Last edited:

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Petrol pumps to shut down every Sunday from May 14; PM Narendra Modi’s vision behind drive

According to a Jagran report, the Consortium of Indian Petroleum Dealers (CIPD) only has petrol pumps only in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Maharashtra. The effects of the consortium’s decision will only be in these 4 states from May 14 on every Sunday. While AIPDA president says that as of now they are not a part of this step, but they might soon plan something in the same line. While there is no reply by Oil Marketing companies on the increase of

Zexen

Regulars
Mar 4, 2017
They should also keep markets and pharmacy close and Hospitals some day of the week so People can just die. This government needs to stop doing stupid shit. in my city ATM's are still not fucntional

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i am not sure why petrol pump owners/association would be willingly shut down pumps for any reason other than protest. i mean losing 4-5 days of business per month is huge. of course, the load would distribute to other days of the week. but if the other associations does not follow, they would take away their sunday business!

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
maybe media is showcasing this protest as a sign of support for modi's comment on how one can save fuel by shutting down petrol pumps for a day each week? :confused:

Citrus

Regulars
Dec 9, 2010
Sikkim
Ah, yes, we request people to use public transport but we won't make public transport available anywhere and in places where it is already available, it'll be grossly inadequate to meet the current demands let alone additional demands.