Excitel Broadband continues to advertise their services with deceptive plan description

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 7,346
Now 695 Rs only - 20 Mbps Internet + 20 Mbps Peering

and what does it mean to user. What speed will he be getting. 20Mbps or 40Mbps

to get 40mbps... you would need to download at 20mbps from one of the peered server/client AND 20mbps on a non-peered server AT THE SAME TIME and hope to get 20mbps on both routes. you would not get 40mbps on a direct download. you would not get 40mbps on speedtest.net. you might get 40mbps on a torrent client if the torrent has seeds from local and external users.

the problem is that they are marketing it as a 40mbps plan. which means they have to deliver 32mbps at all time. which is not going to happen so they are very likely in violation of the trai regulations.

Last edited:
and they are saying that the plan now costs rs. 695. as if they have discounted the pricing. which is also factually wrong. they have removed the tax component of the 799 price tag. you still pay 799 but they are misrepresenting it as a price cut.

QVmR5h0.png

this is shitty behavior from this company. they had a clear cut plan description with an all inclusive pricing. some dumbass in their marketing division apparently thought that this would be a smart move.

good luck to lcos who would be explaining to regular folks why speedtest on their computer/phone is not showing 40mbps.

they really have stupid people managing their facebook account.

I actually have no complaints with downloading speeds. I don't really monitor it closely but Speedtest results are generally close to 20mbps pretty much all the time.

Thought of a stupid analogy. Their 40mbps is like me paying them 400 rupees in cash along with 400 rupees worth of sodexo coupons that only work at few retail outlets.

What do you expect, Hathway has started offering 50mbps with a 1TB FUP for 899 and 1TB is more than enough for 99.9% people. So they need to advertise 40 mbps so that they appear close to them in terms of speed.

I get about ~2-3 hours of downtime a week but since my only other option is MTNL, i am sticking with them.

and they are saying that the plan now costs rs. 695. as if they have discounted the pricing. which is also factually wrong. they have removed the tax component of the 799 price tag. you still pay 799 but they are misrepresenting it as a price cut.

QVmR5h0.png

this is shitty behavior from this company. they had a clear cut plan description with an all inclusive pricing. some dumbass in their marketing division apparently thought that this would be a smart move.

good luck to lcos who would be explaining to regular folks why speedtest on their computer/phone is not showing 40mbps.

Don't know why your bill shows 799.25 consolidated...... my bill has proper break up of taxes.....
-- dead tinypic image removed --

And as for advertising plans without taxes......
firstly taxes not going to their pocket......
secondly all other players Airtel, Nextra, SitiCable, Den mention their plans without taxes.....

What do you expect, Hathway has started offering 50mbps with a 1TB FUP for 899 and 1TB is more than enough for 99.9% people. So they need to advertise 40 mbps so that they appear close to them in terms of speed.

I get about ~2-3 hours of downtime a week but since my only other option is MTNL, i am sticking with them.
It is difficult to trust a company like Hathaway....... which puts 20GB FUP on their website and might be offering/ promoting for a limited period... or might withdraw after initial promotion........

Siticable started with 50Mbps unlimited plan and later they put an FUP of I think 100/ 150GB.....