Airtel ADSL - DSL Light (Second) is Stable but Internet Light (Third) is not coming

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 23,042
@Adidam Not using landline anymore but I made them to replace with a new one and that fixed it.

@maonjrk Okay. Please read the message below @Karan I have mentioned.

@Karan currently after re-wiring I have not noticed any noise much.

What can be done?

My Max Rate for Downstream used to be 22K-21K but now it's 19K-20K and SNR is also down.

SNR for Down used to be 6.6 or so...but now it's 5.7-6.1

What's wrong here?

It can be because Airtel is adding new connections so because of new connections, it's going low?

Please correct me.

When you say "not noticed any noise much" is there some noise or none at all? If there is even little noise/static it will still cause issues and the intermittance. You also mentioned drop in SNR when you pick up the phone, could be the phone in that case.

Max rate is just an estimation based on the attenuation and SNR, don't dwell on it, it isn't of any meaningful relevance. The stats that matter are attenuation and SNR, it too will fluctuate as it depends on external factors affecting it like noise and static and just how high your sync rate.

Last edited:
@Karan

Out of 10 times of picking up the receiver, My SNR would drop to 2.x or 0.x or something like this.

In most of the cases it would drop for .2-0.5 like if it's 6.1 now it would become 5.7 or 5.9 or 6 or 5.8 something like this.

Noise in the receiver I cannot comment.... Since very rarely I listen a typewriter type noise after dialing a digit.... (not always).

Right now in night, my SNR is improved a little bit and downstream rate too.

One thing: before re-wiring, my Line Attenuation was 12 or 12.5 now it's 11 or 11.5

Without splitter it becomes 10.5

It's all Downstream Line Attenuation .

Ok, so you have the lowest attenuation after removing the splitter, and the SNR also goes too low when you pick up the phone, that would mean the splitter is contributing or maybe even is the cause of the whole issue. Use the modem without the splitter and see if the connectivity stabalizes.

Last edited: