Reliance Jio is rumored to be close to launching a DTH service

Moreover, this DTH Set-Top Box will be powered by a 1 Gbps broadband connection (Jio GigaFiber) which will be launched with it. Further, there are also speculations that it will have around 300 normal channels and 50 HD channels. The plans would start from as low as Rs 180 per month. Currently, Jio is in talks with Amazon Prime and Netflix for exclusive content.

Cool. They would deliver 1gbps internet using dth antennas! amazing. these companies need to understand that iptv is not dth.

So basically it will be like...their dish will be used for Broadband also?

Wireless Broadband?

No, you'll get TV channels over optical fiber internet.

also, rajnikantvscid eww. I wouldn't touch anything related to them with a 10 foot pole.

they will use their fibe infrastructure to provide iptv service not dth may be also allow to subscribe to JIO tv and stream using any android box/smart tv

04-1491289781-reliancejiosettopboxphotosleakairteltataskyvideocondishtvothersmightfacethethreat3.jpg

someone must have used lyf phone to take this potato quality pic

this is better article Reliance Jio set top box photos leak; Airtel, TataSky, DishTV & others might face the threat

jio-2-768x445.jpg

This looks like RJ-45 port...

I think it will be inline with Netflix & Amazon prime rather than Tata Sky or Airtel Dth....

Though I am very sceptical about the source as pointed out by @Citrus

It's neither satellite based DTH, nor IPTV. It's rather like cable TV delivered over high speed fiber optic. Something like evision cable TV service at Dubai I guess.

they already have JIO Tv app, using their box you can access it over fibre so it is an iptv right ?
IPTV does not use internet. It is sort of like an intranet. Video content is broadcasted from the local datacenter and no internet data is consumed.

a tv service is planned since day one. it is likely to be iptv and not dth. i thought you needed a different license to operate dth service in the country? and buy satellite spectrum and shit? and it is highly restrictive. a set top box does not mean dth. iptv works through a set top box too.

Have you guys seen the latest rumours about Jio 4G laptop? Someone start a thread about it please 😀 too lazy to go digging for the articles/YT videos.