MTNL Delhi Termination query

• Thread starter Thread starter Antlion
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,188
ISP
MTNL
Hi all,

If I wish to terminate my MTNL adsl and landline connection, would I still be able to apply for an ftth connection further down the line (or should I retain the landline if it's needed for ftth). The landline doesn't get used at all.

Please also share instructions for the termination process if possible, thanks.

I surrendered my LL and adsl broadband.... a year back....

Visit your local exchange and talk to SDO..... you will have to make at least 4-5 trips for a proper closure.... you will also get your security back....

And after proper closure.... you can always apply at any later time...

If you want to escape the hassle simply stop paying the bill.....

If you want to retain your LL number.... move to 95 combo plan.... it will cost around 110pm and you will get 1Gb data...

Thank you ijsa, I don't need the landline really, although I might be interested in the ftth plan someday (it is feasible in my apartment, but need to get approval for digging first). Would one need a landline for ftth to be installed or can it work as a standalone.

FTTH and ADSL are two different technologies....

You can have LL and broadband on both.... In ADSL copper wires carry signal and in FTTH fibre carries signal...

So your old LL not necessarily required but you can enquire your SDO for any loyalty benefits to old customers..... which to my knowledge are none....

OK thanks, I guess I can relinquish them both safely and apply for ftth whenever I get approval from my society.

You need to hand over the modem in the store and get a receipt. Hand over the receipt with an application and copy of last paid bill in the office of the Commercial Officer. That's what I had to do to cancel my ADSL connection in Delhi. Only one trip made. I did get a couple of bills later but that was sorted over email.

For landline cancelation you need to fill up a form.

FTTH has nothing to do with your landline connection. It's a new connection.