Paid Income Tax Online

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 4, 2008
India
Earlier this used to be task of my old friend who happened to be my C.A but I quit business and after spending many damn years of struggle, currently employed in a I.T. Company.

I spent few nights in calculation, and I am sure they are well in place, I filled everything on cleartax and then paid the amount online using my bank account, got the BSR Code, challan number etc.

I am now confused as I got no instructions to submit it on income tax website, nor I see anywhere that I need to submit a hard copy to IT Department thru post.

So has it changed that after e-filling we don't need to send a copy, or do we need to send it to Bangalore Central Processing unit via post ?

ijsa

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2008
you can e verify with your Aadhaar card on incometaxfiling site or through net banking....

though don't know much about ClearTax...... how they submit your IT return etc...

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
How can you submit return before year end? Year has still not ended!

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
Download ITR-2 (java based) and check if it shows * (star) next to Aadhar card field!

If star is present - then its compulsory already!! :p

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Govt notifies simplified income tax return form, e-filing to start from Saturday

At the time of filing the form, the taxpayer has to fill in PAN, Aadhaar number, personal information and information on taxes paid. TDS will be auto-filled in the form.

Post July 1, as per amendments to the Finance Bill 2017 as passed by the Lok Sabha, it would become mandatory for an assessee to provide the Aadhaar number or the number showing that he has applied for Aadhaar in the ITR.
I would check with the CA uncle who files my return if the fuckers have made the field mandatory right away. If not I would try to file as soon as possible.

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 4, 2008
India
How can you submit return before year end? Year has still not ended!
its for FY-2015-16 which includes transaction for that period.

you may verify via otp if your number is updated on incometax website
I have already done that, my question was, do I need to send them any prints out manually ??

Download ITR-2 (java based) and check if it shows * (star) next to Aadhar card field!

If star is present - then its compulsory already!! :p
of course its mandatory in their website.
I have no issues submitting it, I have no income which could hide, and I don't have issues if they want to cross check who I am using my aadhar number.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
are you sure aadhaar field is mandatory on the website? because it is not supposed to be till june end.
also if you verify using aadhaar, i think there is no manual document submission is required through post.

the point about aadhaar is not hidden income. it is about the supreme court ruling and how the government is ignoring it. aadhaar should not be mandatory for income tax return filing right now.

arafat

May 25, 2016
once otp verification is done . then your work is over . you will get confirmation in 20-25 days on your register email .