• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,443

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
OT but in reply to @Sushubh 's above post.

Paytm just sold my email address to Readers digest.

My email address with paytm is disposable address eg: blahblah+paytm@gmail.com

And I received email from readers digest regarding their "contest"

I have 2 such accounts (2mobiles/2 emails) and both accounts received such email

Which means Paytm may have sold them their full database.

any way to tweet above individual post to Paytm sharma?

idiot marketers. should should be running a script on the email database to remove the +blah part from gmail ids.

This is exact reason I have disposable address for each service ... to catch them if they sell my email address.

Freecharge blocked my 2 accounts - saying I am not allowed to use disposable address.

But I dont care.. stopped using them (unless some good coupon) .. Their loss not mine.

What is disposable address?
I have also made new gmail id to be used only on ecom sites.

not sure how you can use disposable addresses with digital wallet services considering they require connection with a mobile number as well.

Disposable email address - Wikipedia

Disposable email addressing (DEA) refers to an approach where a unique email address is used for every contact or entity. The benefit is that if anyone compromises the address or utilises it in connection with email abuse, the address owner can easily cancel (or "dispose" of) it without affecting any of their other contacts.

@Sushubh didnt get u. What do u mean?

Reactions: SVK
^^^ I guess he means for some service, login id is not email, but mobile number.

I have also made new gmail id to be used only on ecom sites.

say ur actual ecom address is svkecom@gmail.com

then
on flipkart u can register as svkecom+fk@gmail.com
on Paytm u can register as svkecom+paytm@gmail.com

all emails will still come to svkecom@gmail.com

Now if paytm sells ur address and u get lots of junk email on svkecom+paytm@gmail.com

u can create filter in gmail to redirect all emails to svkecom+paytm@gmail.com to Trash.

And then go to paytm and update ur email to say svkecom+paytm2@gmail.com

so OLD SOLD email no more disturbs u and u can still get "authenicate" paytm emails (till paytm sells that too!!)

Paytm has completely sold my email address to every one

Here is list of emails I received on "paytm" only email address.

Fabvilla
Luxury watches
Central Park Flower
Loanadda
Unicef India

But all coming from same email address mailerassist.com

So it appears that paytm sold email to mailerassist -- a bulk email advertiser.

Last edited:
Or there is a security breach and details of that have not been announced 🙂

Got a call on mobile reg that you won lucky draw or filled some coupon and won something from hyatt hotel. Scam I know.

I said not interested but before hanging up person correctly recalled my correct location.

was thinking from few days how it occurred. Becoz I never fill stupid contest form ever.

Now I think it must coz of this as brought costly phone recently from Paytm(good deal). And no is same as paytm reg mobile.

Security breach in Paytm wud be scary!

They must be storing so much of information (cards, bank details and paytm wallet balance too)

But I feel that it may be paytm itself doing backdoor selling.