[Help]Configure Huawei HG630a for bridged mode

• Thread starter Thread starter samarth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 25,215

samarth

ISP
Airtel
Can you help me configure Airtel VDSL Modem in Bridge mode? I want to connect my router and use that for PPPoE authentication.

Take a LAN from Airtel Modem and insert it into the router. 🙂

Upvote 0
Okay. May I know the reason if you could share bro? Does it give better stability or something?

Upvote 0
Yes, it gives better stability and more control than using the modem in PPPoE and then router in normal router mode.
I want to choose between Asus RT-AC66U and DSL-AC68U and wanted to save some money.
If I'm not able to figure it out, then I'll probably go for DSL-AC68U.

Upvote 0
I don't know if you are right or wrong. But stability depends upon the line/backend as well. Which ISP do you use and Which state?

Where are you going to buy it from?

Upvote 0
Here you go

Pv8oP1f.png

DOwPGZk.png

Reboot the modem after you apply these settings and it should be good to go

Here you go

Pv8oP1f.png

DOwPGZk.png

Upvote 0
@akapur Can you share how come it would improve the stability and performance of the VDSL/ADSL if we use Bridge Mode?

Thanks 🙂

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it will improve the stability but performance, probably will.

Bridge mode passes along all NAT and routing functions to your own router which will get the public IP. The provided airtel router when put into bridge mode acts as a pure modem.

That's pretty much it.

I'm not sure if it will improve the stability but performance, probably will.

Bridge mode passes along all NAT and routing functions to your own router which will get the public IP. The provided airtel router when put into bridge mode acts as a pure modem.

That's pretty much it.

Upvote 0
Here you go

Pv8oP1f.png

DOwPGZk.png

Here you go

Pv8oP1f.png

DOwPGZk.png

I want to bridge the TP-Link TD W 8968 to the Huawei. I have tried but somehow does not work.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, how do you check if the bridge is working fine.

Upvote 0
To check if your modem is bridged properly, plug in your router setup with PPPoE, it should connect, the modem will plug into the router's WAN/Internet port. Alternately you could connect your modem directly to your PC/Laptop and setup a PPPoE/Broadband dialer and if that connects then your modem is bridged correctly.

Upvote 0
OK, so you are trying to use your TP-Link as a range extender and want to setup that? If yes, unless you have DD-WRT or another custom firmware, you are out of luck, the stock firmware will not support this. Since this TP-Link is a modem router combo, I doubt you will find any custom firmware that would support it.

Upvote 0