ACT Fibernet launches 1 Gbps broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter warpspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 5,749
Glad i ditched it. For Rs. 5999/- they should be generous in post FUP Speed or it isn't VFM.

brilliant pricing though not withstanding 5k one-time installation charges, post FUP speed of 100mpbs within a year 😛

100 Mbps post FUP speeds? we can only dream lol. The 10 Mbps post FUP is only for Hyderabad. For other cities we can expect 2 or 4 Mbps.

Found this on twitter:
iHwxgo.jpg

ACT Fibernet Announces 1 Gbps Broadband Plan at Rs. 5,999 with Monthly FUP of 1TB

ACT Fibernet, one of the leading broadband player in India has announced the launch of its 1 Gbps wired broadband internet service. The plan will be first rolled out in Hyderabad and will be quickly rolled out to other cities as well. ACT Fibernet states that Hyderabad is the highest internet penetration area.

ACT Fibernet is the first player in the Indian internet market to GIGA enable an entire Indian city. The plan costs Rs. 5,999 per month and comes with 1TB FUP per month.

Riding on the strength of being the largest non-telco ISP, ACT Fibernet has the best global fiber optic technology and is now bringing world class experience with futuristic speeds to Indian consumers.

ACT Fibernet is the largest broadband provider in twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad with over 65% market share. Growing at an incredible rate, ACT Fibernet is known to be a speed pioneer in the broadband industry; this launch will not only provide internet connections at incredibly high speeds but will disrupt and lead technological growth in the country.

Speaking on the launch Mr. Bala Malladi, CEO, ACT Fibernet said, “With our citizens and the government moving towards the Digital India movement, high speed internet is the need of the hour. With the launch of our 1 Gbps broadband internet service, it gives me immense pride to turn this dream into reality. The city of Hyderabad is apt for our maiden launch as it has some of the best technology brands, educational institutions and a vibrant economy.”

Mr Malladi further added, “We are confident this product will transform the way internet is now being consumed at large, and this will fast-track the government’s newest target to connect all its 23 million Telangana residents to the Internet by 2018”.

ACT Fibernet’s 1 Gbps wired internet service is slated to soon be available in the 11 cities the company has a presence in. The product is currently available in Hyderabad for Rs. 5999 per month, 1 Gbps and 1TB FUP.

Source
link-removed

Curious if any home user would take this connection
I guess it's more aimed at the SOHO users. I would gladly try it for a month or two if only the installation charges were not too steep but hey early adoption is expensive. The prices will be gradually reduced in coming days.

Once Jio Fiber rolls out, surely prices will drop. Thought not sure about ACT, as they are reluctant to match with the plans of competitor.

The hi-speed internet scene in South will be so saturated by the time JIO Fiber goes mainstream, almost impregnable unless they entice customers with never ending freebie trails.

I am more than happy with the 100 Mbps speed. All I need is the 1 TB FUP. I have stopped resetting the ACT FUP after upgrading my backup Airtel to 500 GB. So it's first half of the month on ACT. Second half on Airtel.

^ And their shenanigans with the pricing continues.

New 1999 plan:
lJ4whh.png

New 3999 plan:
jnBYNn.png

Who in their right mind would pay the double to SME plan when you get more data if you went for two separate 1999 plan.