Why didnt BSNL continue with Unlimited?

• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 8,988
How many are power surfers - barely 10% and so the guys are ignoring the power surfers and going for those guys who like to be below 1 Gb and are happy to be there.

also, they're not seeing a point that those "not" power surfers don't even hit that 1 GB mark...so if they leave it open to everyone, others may share that bandwidth 🙄

I think now they must offer 1 GB @ Rs 250.......2 GB @ rs 400 and 3 GB @RS 500.........10 GB @ Rs 1000.....something like this so that it satisfies both low end and power users......

They will of course have such plans for sure but thats not any time soon....

Originally posted by BSNL_CMD@Jul 17 2005, 12:42 AM
64 Unlimited...............so basically ur d/l all the time and having  agreat time. If u r happy with the speed then no harm in it. When we had just dial up at 56 then we were happy so u too shud be if ur prime focus it to d/l.
[snapback]16617[/snapback]
[/quote]

well your pc wont be on 24hrs, it would be on only 12hours a day...so that makes it 5GB, secondly the 64kbps will be lower than that much during peak hours, so that is 2.5GB...i dont mind 1GB in 7hours than 2.5GB in 30days.... figures !!!

Originally posted by boygr8@Jul 19 2005, 10:57 PM
I think now they must offer 1 GB @ Rs 250.......2 GB @ rs 400 and 3 GB @RS 500.........10 GB @ Rs 1000.....something like this so that it satisfies both low end and power users......
[snapback]17114[/snapback]
[/quote]

they would need a billing method to make that work that ways. its a bit complicated for a company which needs approval for buying office stationary.

From what I read, the co will very soon announce tariff based on hourly use and also on bandwidth ( which u all call data transfer ).Parallel schemes will be on offer for everyone. Hourly scheme is likely to be Rs 10 per hour with unlimited bandwidth. So those who want to power surf - be ready to dole out Rs 10 per hour.

Originally posted by BSNL_CMD@Jul 20 2005, 09:26 AM
From what I read, the co will very soon announce tariff based on hourly use and also on bandwidth ( which u all call data transfer ).
Parallel schemes will be on offer for everyone. Hourly scheme is likely to be Rs 10 per hour with unlimited bandwidth.    So those who want to power surf - be ready to dole out Rs 10 per hour.
[snapback]17219[/snapback]
[/quote]

this has already been proposed by the govt. of india.. bsnl has to offer lover rates to be on a better playing field than the govt... 😉 pupudada