Android Box TV Experience ?

Smh

ISP
Wired local-AirtelFiber
Never owned one but had researched about it a lot when I had plans to buy one which I then dropped. The stick type Android TV does get hot.

Instead of importing one from AliExpress you may get this:

ReTV - Watch Movies, Shows, Torrents & Online Videos on your TV!

YouTube has some reviews of this box and it seems to be good enough for the price. It is an Indian product and comes with a 1 year replacement warranty.

Another option is to import the global variant of Xiaomi's Mi Box which has Google services built in.

Reactions: Smh
If you want to play full size bluray rips then get a box with minimum 2gb ram. I have this mxiii plus box and it does get hot, but running fine without problems for past one and a half year.

@vidyut ..... Yeah.... this is a good box you that have mentioned...... at what price you have purchased and from where???

I missed a deal on a similar box listed below earlier...

Beelink MiniMXIII II WiFi BluetoothTV Box KD 2G16G/2G32G with Keyboard Media Player Amlogic S905X Quad Core 64bit Dual Band -in Set-top Boxes from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I guess their is a sale coming tomorrow.....

@Nishant @Smh ..... under the hood RE TV does not look very impressive...

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Well, if the OP plans to use it as more than a media player then yes ReTV is not for him. But for playing and streaming movies it should be more than enough.

mainly i need it for streaming youtube and occasionally live channels

@vidyut ..... Yeah.... this is a good box you that have mentioned...... at what price you have purchased and from where???

I missed a deal on a similar box listed below earlier...

Beelink MiniMXIII II WiFi BluetoothTV Box KD 2G16G/2G32G with Keyboard Media Player Amlogic S905X Quad Core 64bit Dual Band -in Set-top Boxes from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I guess their is a sale coming tomorrow.....
The link you posted is the v2 whereas i have the first version of the box which was released back in 2015.

This is where i purchased it from MXIII-G TV Box Android 5.1 1000M LAN-54.57 and Online Shopping | GearBest.com Mobile

If planning to buy then better get the latest version.

If you want to play full size bluray rips then get a box with minimum 2gb ram. I have this mxiii plus box and it does get hot, but running fine without problems for past one and a half year.

how hot ? any chance of catching fire or blast ?

@Nishant
I tried to install Ditto on my Shield but could not...... So for my interest in news channels..... I might have to install app for each channel....

how hot ? any chance of catching fire or blast ?

Not much it hovers around 70 degrees but even my router's cpu is running at around same temperature 24/7. So i guess there is nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
ohhh.... that is alright..... but my point is tomorrow there can be Pinto....... Ditto increases its subscription from todays 1Re.