Upgrade my current system or buy a new one

• Thread starter Thread starter Dummy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1,711

Dummy

Noob Webmaster
Currently i own,

Motherboard: Asus H61M-CS (Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen processors)
Processor: Intel Pentium G630 2.7 Ghz
GPU: None
RAM: 1600 Mhz 4GB
PSU: Zebronics 450Watt

with this current spec, shall i replace my processor with i3-3220 and add a graphic card (gtx 750ti or 1050 mini)

Or upgrade my whole system to a new one

If you change your processor, you would have deal with replacing motherboard as well ( most cases ). Why not wait of Intel i9 ( coming this May / July ) or AMD Ryzen, Intel i7 ( already in market ).

reason for upgrade? If you use the pc for daily computing (Multimedia, Office suite, Internet). You might don't need an upgrade. If you still need to upgrade, add another 4 GB ram stick, that will easy up the load and you will feel the pc behaves faster ...

If you plan to add a gpu, you need to upgrade the psu too. zebronics can't handle the gpu you have choosen. Check corsair CX series psus

Last edited:
Yes, explain your usage / reason for upgrade and then we'll be able to better explain

& how long have you had this computer for ?

@meetdilip the new processor supports my motherboard

@DNA_Uncut Yeah i know about that, i want to upgrade to play games without any fps issue. Main upgrade is to play games at good FPS and resolution.

@madhusudhan7 I have this pc for almost 4-5 years. I now play only Counterstrike 1.6 as it doesn't need much graphics. But have Counterstrike GO and planning to buy few high end games like GTA V, Assassin creed etc.

Your PC is definitely out of warranty now.
If you are much into gaming you have to go for a new computer. My suggestion is minimum a i5 processor and a GTX series GPU.
Your budget?
Get an idea for pricing from the below site
http://www.deltapage.com/content/price.htm

For the games that you've listed just upgrading would be sufficient. You'll need an i3 upgrade as well as a better PSU plus add 4GB ram in there as well. You'll be fine. Infact you'll be able to play GTA 5 at Ultra settings with min 30FPS if you get a GTX 750ti.

@raj2007 Budget for new PC is upto 45-50K (this needs little more time) , if for the existing one i can set it to 15-18K (this i can afford now)

@shreyaskini for my motherboard, i5 3450 (quad core) and i3 3220 (2 core) is available in Amazon. Along with i will be buying a PSU (Antec 500w), and a GPU 750ti or 1050ti Mini

Am not an expert.... but my suggestion for VFM..... AMD rig would be as follows...

CPU: AMD A 8 6500: Rs.5228
AMD A10 6800K: Rs.8085

MB: GIGABYTE F2 A88XM D3H: Rs.6290

RAM: A DATA 8GB DDR 3 XPG: Rs.3390 ( I suggest 16GB so x2)

Power supply and rest everything as per your choice.....

Price source: Source

VAT extra...

Last edited:
Yes, available with the few retailers, so give some time, once it's available across the retailers. The prices will be lower. Now the prices are inflated

Thanks guys, i think then as of now i will stick with my old spec with few addons and as you guys suggested i will upgrade my whole PC with Ryzen.

Good decision...... BTW what is your budget for CPU + MB....

As for RYZEN.... the prices in India are inline with international pricing..... Cost2Cost (India) vs Newegg...