• 2300 Mhz

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Good stuff.
I get 80 Mbps on Band 5 (10 Mhz 2CA)
I get 35-40 Mbps on Band 3
I get 10-20 Mbps on Band 40.

Area: Dadar West in my home's toilet.

Rest of my home gets me 1/4th of those speeds.

Area: Dadar West in my home's toilet.
Rest of my home gets me 1/4th of those speeds.

LOL! Because that's the strange and funny thing about jio's signal at the same time it's true and everyone would agree on this.

@d5aqoëp dear can you post *#0011# in samsung mobile for CA. Also did you get LTE+ symbol?
I use Google Pixel (Sailfish) and it does not have a separate menu for CA or LTE+. However I had once rooted it and Network Guru app showed me that I was on 2CA. 80+ Mbps speeds may not have been possible without CA or LTE+ or LTE-A or whatever they want to call it today.

I only get LTE symbol on the top right as well as HD symbol on top left. HD symbol means VoLTE capable.
Phone does not show any advanced forms of LTE even if it is using one.

Screenshot_20170302_101917.png

Screenshot_20170302_201820.png

Last edited:
They should just stop using the band 40. it serves no purpose unless we live right near the tower. my dongle perpetually latches onto band 40 and i get the worst speeds possible.

Band 40 is one I get best speed. If latched on 10mhz of band 40 (recently added) can easily get 10-15mbps speed.

Till about a week or so ago I was getting around 500-800 Kbps on Band 3 and 5 during daytime, while Band 40 gave me 2-3 times that speed. During the night the speeds increased considerably from around 8-10 Mbps on Bands 3 and 5 while Band 40 would give me anywhere between 25-40 Mbps.

Now though the speeds have considerably reduced. Day time speeds are similar but night time speeds reduced to less than half over the last 2-3 days and today I am getting only 2-3 Mbps on Bands 3 and 5 while Band 40 is giving me around 5-8 Mbps. I got Prime on one of the 3 SIMs I had and am really glad I didn't give in to the temptation of taking the prime option on the other two with all the offers being thrown around. I have been getting numerous SMS, mails and calls from JIO asking me to subscribe to prime on other nos but I told them how do they expect me to do so when the data speeds have gotten significantly worse as the time for paid subscriptions comes near. At this point the other 2 SIMs are going into the bin. It is truly bizarre.

With data limit of 1gb it dosen't matter even with high speed. If it was unlimited then it would be fantastic.

@d5aqoëp Are you still getting LTE-A speeds on your phone? Jio seems to have stopped CA in my area. The phone only latches to Band 40 and gives me a max speed of 22 Mbps.