Latest on Reliance Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter drgreyeyes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5,268
Status
Not open for further replies.

drgreyeyes

Got some news from inside sources at infocomm...most of the hardware and equipment orders for broadband rollout have been put on hold or cancelled. except for the few cities where they have their tripleplay trails ( voice/data/cable ) nothing is in the pipeline. these guys are confused as they dont know how to reach the common man through their hi-fi future ready network because... it aint easy sticking a fibre to ur home. they have only managed to wire up appartments and buildings as it is easy but there is no clarity on how they plan to cover single dwelling units.. With the recent moves for Adlabs and DTH license...one thing is clear.... Anil is gonna focus more on entertainment and content....without these 2 things how can they derive an arpu of 2000/- plus from a single customer for tel/cable/net.......?? So no major rollout of broadband till a year...or worst till anil succesfully rolls out DTH ...which itself is a big task as he doesnt even have a license.... so lets pray BSNL can speed up and extend its existense for a couple of more years..... 😀

so the reliance brother fight is costing the indian customer big time.

TBH as soon as Anil got hold of Infocomm I lost hope in Reliance launching Broadband, Anil's just a big media magnet, in the real world its the administration and experience that counts. I feel Anil's gonna make a huge waste of the bank balance he's got by selling shares of RIL

A very bad news for us. With all ISPs offering the same speeds with approx. same price and data cap, i dont really think they will introduce new plans. They face no competetion from others and hence shall continue with the same packages..too bad for the indian public.

The World Is Coming To An End....Mark my words... "The End Is Nigh" ...... 😎

hey , i just saw the wimax post in the bsnl section...pasting:nah xMax sounds like hype to me...if wimax takes off maybe reliance can use it to deliver their fiber bandwidth to individual homes...maybe thats why the other post in the reliance section mentions the delay til mid-2006... reliance must be waiting for wimax to materialise before ordering hardware ! woohoo!!!! we already know reliance has ties with intel in the wireless tech areathis is called "putting 2 and 2 together" ! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.