• Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,140

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Hmm... A small list that constitutes my current problems with Sify Broadband connection:1. CTO is not responding to calls.2. The BB Client logs me out at will.3. The BB Client eats 7 megs RAM.4. I do not touch the package speed of 48kbps during the day time.5. I just about manage to touch the package speed of 48kbps during night time.6. All packages with unlimited datatransfer and time period are shared.7. Customer Support... Not very helpful. Full of excuses.What I would like them to do:1. CTO should act as a Sify Representative, not some DON.2. CTO should be accountable.3. CTO should be responsive.4. 24x7 customer support. If you sell night packages, serve customers at night.5. ACTUAL BROADBAND PACKAGES.6. Give us promised speeds.7. Give us back the webbased login system.8. Let me stay logged in till I LOGOUT manually.Go ahead, add yours...

what i have?-a connection that is slow for some reason, to the minimum or even lower then that and when it reaches some speeds that come close to a "nice speed" they cut it down if u download on it for a few hours.-a costumer service that cost me at least 50 to 100rs for every time i try to talk with them. Giving them your number and they say: "we call you back sir" is pointless, they dont call u back. it happened only once in 7 months -a choice of package that would have been nice for cavemen 10000 years agowhat i want?-packages that gives AT LEAST 128kbps , i wouldnt even mind to pay a bit more money for it (ofcourse unlimited and NO DAMN capping after downloading a certain amount of dataPackages with speeds of 32 kbps, 48 kbps is simple too pathetic for words.. just the fact they have these packages already shows me Sify is too lame for words and makes me laugh and cry the same time...its too funny but also really sad->If they would have it a damn desert, ok,i could have understand that. ->If they would have it in the bush bush, where the population of monkeys is bigger then the humans, ok.. i could have understand that.. but not in a country that is wellknown for softwarecounrty #1 (at least , that's the imagine of India in the west), with soo many people,mostly middlecl@$$ or lower and then offering "normal" speeds for almost half of what the middlecl@$$ makes a month.. that is just too much, it is too pathetic for words.i cannot also understand why the government doesnt support internet, its part of this time we live in, they should shoot every1 in a sify-suit and start it all over on a normal good way, accesable for the whole population and not just 1kB/s packages cuz that is sh*t.what else?- a costumer service without the Press 1 to do this, press 2 to do this..just a simple number where these sify-people take up the fone RIGHT away (unless its busy ofcourse but then again sify claims they are sooooo big,.such a wonderful good company but in the meantime they let me wait for 30 mins and they or a flaw in their crap system cut me off)if this is met then i can be satisfybut i know i just typed a dream what will never come true cuz we live in a sick world and our oh-so-wonderful ISP 'Sify' is part of itI have lots of more to add but lets just start with this only.. the packages and the CC( i just love complaining 🙄 )

What do I want - a connection that stays on when I log on and basic courtesy.
I am Ccing all of you my latest letter and it seems that Sify is not providing either !!!
You all are bothering about promised speeds I have a basic problem most of the time my speed is zero !!!!!
Hope people in Sify have the sense to take action. I have two grouses - the CTO Pestilence and the CustomerCare junkies
Incidentally if their numberingf is linear, they have had 20,000 complaints between 3rd and 190 the septemebr n-that sems to speak volumes about the service . I joke that I have taken broadband to avoid the phone time but am spending the ame amount phoning the CTO and customer care etc !!!!
Previously the Customercare twits would at least talk nicely now they even yawn and the best part is if you use their chat site they ask us to call the customer care number on the phone which no one picks up anyway !!!! I dont want to be insulted by a BPO baby half my age and pay for it too!!!

Copy of latest letter
Dear Mr Shanil,
(He is the senior most person in Sify Bangalore office whome I could contact - incidentally ) I had telephoned you regarding my erratic Internet connection and the repeated problems that I am facing. I have become extremely disgusted with the service provided and a simple query wrt satisfaction of all the consumers in Bangalore especially Malleswaram would reveal the true picture.
I have never had a consistent Internet connection
I am terribly upset with customer care. The 19014433330 seems to be always inaccessible at any time of the day and night including 12 midnight !!!!
The number 22289520 is also inaccessible most of the time and to add insult to the injury, when I phoned today one Mr Ashwin Kumar was rude to me. He claims that I did not give him an"opportunity to speak" and purposely tried to goad me " by telling I can only tell OK to you and said that I was being unprofessional (I want to ask him who is the professional here ???? )and so he would hang up. He basically was derogatory and I was extremely irked by his attitude and I am demanding an apology from him.
If I do not get an apology from him I will never resubscribe again to Sify. I will actively also dissuade others from taking this ISP. I have already told 10 of my neighbors who were interested to avoid Sify now like wild fire !!!! As it is I feel injured by the poor service I am getting and I don't want to be insulted on top of it I am not paying to get insulted !!!! People at customer care must remember that clients phone not for fun but because they have a problem and all I seem to be getting is more and more complaint numbers !!!!
Your claim is that you provide 24X7 customer care but please hear the IVRS reply at the 22289520 number it says that the facility is only available during the day time !!!! Isn't that a great misrepresentation of facts.
I have been a customer with Sify for more than 7 years (My dial up id was psimha@satyam.net.in) but now I am totally disgusted with the so called "broadband" "experience." (sic - nightmare)
In fact if you will reimburse my unused time I will gladly get out of this horrible experience. I am feeling terrible stuck with a horrible connection for 6 months. In fact my family members were telling me to chuck the god damn connection and take an alternate provider.
It is not so much the Money paid but the attitude and the promises that have been made and which have been broken that irks me. I have totally lost confidence in Sify.
Dr Prasanna Simha M

@prasannasimha: you are not alone. they have stopped replying to my mails as well. 🙁

Lateest after razing a ruckus, the connection has restarted (so far!!!) and then I got an apology from Mr Ashwin aftwer I insisited that his senior not apologize from him. Customer care means care of the customer and that is what all call centre folks have to remember !!!Prasanna

yeap. the sooner they realize customer is important, the better for them. and that can only happen when we demand our rights. and the best way to demand respect from companies who serve us is to hit where it hits them hard. ISPs... We hit them on Google. 🙂

what I found extremely annoying was that when we buy packages here (Pondichery) is that we don't get the actual package registration info but some company with absolute morons has to show up to type the stuff in the browser in front of you. These guys of course show up without any prior warning whatsoever.I once tried to kick the guys out and keep the temp ID/PW, but ontly to find out that it's a valid only a couple of hours !So in case you're wondering where part of that 2.5 RS/MB goes ... useless personnel.Regarding the loggoff problem, it will probably stay whether sify client or not. It's due to the fact that their 'heartbeat' function - which is a signal the client sends to a server so you stay onlie. Kind of keep-alive - is implemented using UDP packets which are lossy. So if they are lost or corrupted you get logged off.

why not upgrade ur package online? sifymall accepts most credit and debit cards...

Regarding the loggoff problem, it will probably stay whether sify client or not. It's due to the fact that their 'heartbeat' function - which is a signal the client sends to a server so you stay onlie. Kind of keep-alive - is implemented using UDP packets which are lossy. So if they are lost or corrupted you get logged off.[/b]
--cweihrauch

Most of us on this forum had either deleted the heart beat program, or renamed it or blocked it using our firewall, in short stopped it from accessing the internet. We did this because we thought it solved our Auto-Log off problems and it did seem to do that. However going by the way the heart beat program which is called hbsbeat.exe under Windows works, it appears we wouldn't have been able to stay online for more than 5 minutes by blocking it. But we were able to. And here's how it happened I think. Some forum members here had also recommended placing the HBS Server IP in the Trusted Zone of our firewalls with Medium Security setting (or something similar for firewalls other than ZA) which would essentially have allowed things like pings from that IP address (which are blocked otherwise by default). So I think when the Heart Beat program wasn't able to access its server what the server used to do, and probably still does, is send pings or other kinds of communication (data packets) to our machines to check if they are online.

So those having troubles with auto-log off could check their Trusted Zone to see if they have the HBS server IP still there because it looks like I have lost mine after a ZA upgrade and have to now enter it again 😛.

Also here are a couple of interesting things I found in some files in the Sify folder:-

[HBS]
ServerIP=202.144.xx.xx
Port=6776
Frequency=5
Flag=N

....from the file BBand.ini.

And....

November 26, 2004 18 20 15 Getting Renewal Details
November 26, 2004 18 20 15 HeartBeat not enabled
November 26, 2004 18 20 15 Opening homepage

...from the file debug.log.

Does this mean the heart beat function has been disabled from the Sify end? Friends what do your files say ?

I just want to add few more things to this small list of WAT WE REALLY WANT:-1. Honest ppl, followin company rules strictly.2. Clarifying issues as they r, not makin versions wich Sify LTd dint even think of.3. Accept faults n try to improve things, not to take it on their EGO, BIG TIME EGO.4. Timely response. Rite now they dont even care to respond.