• Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,159

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
and the day has arrived when the internet goes down with every power cut. the local guys have stopped picking up the phone. would give this one more month before applying for den boomband.

Ouch, that's bad. My lco fortunately has power backup.

ahh contact your lco? and ask why he removed power backup ( assuming they had it earlier )

and tbh i wish excitel rolled out their service themselves instead of relying on local cable providers. sure lcos enable them to reach out more customers but if they did it themselves their service would be so much more stable.

I moved from Spectranet for the same reason, I escalated this issue to their COO but they could not provide power backup.

I loved their services otherwise.

Isnt DEN provided by the LCO only? or is it direct?

Tried to register some vote on den site but wasn't even able to do it on their lame site 😛

the installation guy had told me that they are using the same backup that they use on their cable services and that they cannot afford to go down. i could not get in touch with any excitel guy today. would try again tomorrow and ask them if they know about the backup problem and if they are planning to fix this. i have been using my load balancer without airtel as backup for weeks now. i just connected it back. but this is not a good solution considering how bad airtel is in my area.

ahh contact your lco? and ask why he removed power backup ( assuming they had it earlier )

and tbh i wish excitel rolled out their service themselves instead of relying on local cable providers. sure lcos enable them to reach out more customers but if they did it themselves their service would be so much more stable.
their business model does not allow it

dealing with excitel's own customer support has told me one thing... the company does not know how to deal with customers. their social accounts have been the same. and of course the guy who blamed Amazon for not using https allowing them to inject 'service message'. i have no problems with their business model. i personally prefer to deal with my lco than excitel support. this is the response i got from excitel support about my complaint about internet going down during power cuts:

E397e5n.png

this is basically what uber does. you complain about delays in cab arrival or cab driver taking longer routes or stopping on route to get petrol or air... they tell you that you paid exactly what you were shown at the time of the booking so it's all ok. i have apparently zero right to complain because they did not overcharge me.

so according to excitel, since my internet is working at the moment, all complaints about frequent downtimes are invalid.

They have expanded too quickly for their own good. My pings are never consistent and mostly full of RTOs. I don't do online gaming, so doesnt affect me much, but still doesn't provide for a smooth experience. Given hathway now offers me 1000gb for 50mbps for rs 899 and desired stability, most probably I won't renew Excitel this month.

These are not the actual plans. I got some offer, 1000gb for Rs899 (50mbps). Today 1000gb more got credited, so 2000gb for 899 😛