• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,761

ijsa

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Excitel
Went today to Reliance Communication Store.... to get my number ported from Jio to RCom.....

The person said that their is No MNP between RCom to Jio and vice versa.... as Both RCom & Jio have No-MNP pact between them....

And even they had almost all banners/ decorations/ posters of Jio.....

I had tried RCom to Jio MNP and it was rejected by RCom saying that Jio guys didn't select the correct operator details. This number was converted from CDMA to GSM by Reliance. Jio guys selected GSM and it was rejected. They told me that we can try it again and select CDMA this time. I dropped the plan and stopped using that number altogether and got a new Jio SIM.

Such pact if any is definitely illegal.

Well.... I wanted to move to RCom as it has better signals indoor and will give good battery life... Light years ahead of Jio..... in terms of signal strength....

yes it is definitely illegal and cartelisation.....

@Sushubh He might be using 3G/2G of Reliance for better battery life then 4G when in need of data. I do agree that RCOM 4G = JIO 4G as both are using the same 850mhz which is known for better indoor connectivity but the problem is 2300mhz which gets latched whenever available with very low signal reception causing battery drain.

I am quite happy with 2G voice..... but with Jio.... the battery drains even without using data.... as it is VoLTE.....

Port from RCOM to some other operator, then after 90 days port to JIO 😀
Of course between that period Prime offer would be missed.

@SVK It is the other way round.....

I want to port out from JIO to other.... which has good network indoor as well as outdoors...

RCom.... I selected because... it has good coverage indoors also.... while there are lot of call drops even outdoors on JIO....

Data I do not need and Rcom has good voice plans...

Still process remains same, port from JIO to some other operator, then from that operator to RCom.

BTW never heard of no MNP pact. If such pact existed, Airtel-Voda-Idea would have been first to sign such pact 😀

there is no such No-MNP pact between Jio and RCOM.

I have successfully ported one RCOM 4G number to Jio