update on packetloss problem

ISP
Airtel Xstream
okay so as suggested by excitel's rep here i dropped a mail on helpdesk with with proof of packet loss in it and got a response today from their lvl 2 tech team . they pinged googles dns and game server ips , tested speed via speedtest ( they didnt use fast.com or testmy.net which i believe are far more accurate )

anyways , so everything was fine , they saw packets getting request timed out in between though they were very minimal i even played counter strike for them .in real time there was a lot of loss like 1-6% like it usually happens.

they asked which games i play , i mentioned about steam platform and counterstrike and dota also mentioned ea's battlefield 4

they said that they are taking screenshots and that they will check whats wrong , that they will check excitels fiber backbone from excitel to my lco and afterwards they will check connectivity from lco to my house and if there is any loss anywhere , then they will fix it.

the guy i talked to assured me that even if i have 0.001% problem then they will rectify it. felt great that they care about their customer.
but they only took cmd pings to ips as proof. i mean that packet loss problem doesnt reflect much just in pinging ip via cmd. like when u actually play the game then u see that loss is staggering.

but still atleast they understand what packetloss is and are actually trying to rectify it.
i will keep this thread updated as i get further response from their lvl 2 tech team . lets hope it gets fixed.

Don't get your hopes up but I'll be following this thread as me and a friend have reported similar issues without any positive response so, atleast you've that going for you.

okay so yesterday a technician visited my home , showed him losses. also gave him ref of a friend who lives in malviya nagar ( he too gets packet loss) .

today talked to my friend , they saw his pc as well via team viewer , my friend showed losses while gaming in excitel while there was none when he was using airtel . same with twitch and netflix . bufferings in netflix and twitch couldnt even load any stream while he was using excitel and it was perfect when he used airtel .

the response that my friend got from that technician -
regarding netflix it was that they have peering now so it shouldnt happen
no response on twitch issue
regarding packetloss - he kept on insisting that its not constant so everything is working as it should and he doesnt think that there is much he can do .

my friend showed both airtel and excitel , running same thing on both connection yet that technician was skeptical . he wasnt convinced and from the looks of it , said that everything is fine with excitels network

well this is kinda disappointing. i dont think this issue will get fixed. looks like i'll have to shift to another isp as my main usage revolves around twitch and gaming.

its really unfortunate tbh . first we dont find any isp giving high speed internet . when we do there is one thing or another wrong with their network and the other isps who have a stable network , either are not present in our area or just charge too much .

so much for digital india. living in 2017 and cant even expect decent internet connection.

just talked with the technician . they officially said they cant help with the packet loss matter. he said that he will ask my lco to change connectors and tighten up the wire but considering my past relation ( bad experience ) with the lco i told them not to do so .

Last edited:
Same issue here, getting frequent loss on Dota 2 India, SEA, Dubai server on excitel connection in jia sarai (it's near malviya nagar or iit Delhi) and download speed on play store is around 200-300 KB/s :/
My subscription ended two days ago and not willing to renew it anymore.

I'll be going back to my old ISP as I'm positive they're overcommitting bandwidth in my area, the connection slows down to a halt on weekends. Their support is a joke.

same. i'll switch isp as well . my old isp buys bandwidth from airtel . he used to give 3 Mbps for 900 rs . now i hope he has upgraded his plans dude to excitel in my area.

my main usage revolves around gaming and watching twitch both of which are horrible on excitel .

Switched back to my old ISP(ANI Network) and it's overall better than Excitel, consistent speeds & pings throughout. Even though it's much slower at 6 Mbps, it actaully feels quicker because of the low latency.

Lol my LCO is partnered with ANI, Excitel and Hathway connected to same network , the thing is if I type in a static IP, 10.10.5.1, I'll get a microtik login page. Tried the default password and got logged in with 50Mbps speeds on ANI Network. Best security ever!