• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 13,359
Status
Not open for further replies.

santosh66

ISP
BSNL
BSNL IPTV in Bangalore has only 64 channels compared to about 150 channels in Mumbai. The promised number of channels was 170 and this was promised in aug. It's now oct and the number of channels is still 64. The only notable addition has been Music on demand or MUOD which allows one to watch hindi songs fr free. Although all the songs are very old(early 90's!!)the VOD feature is also not upto the marks with the movies being offered which were mediocre to say the least:madness:When will IOL give all the channels??? All impt channels like Zee, Star sports,ESPN,VH1 are missing

bsnl is slow... this is not a surprise.

It's to be done in October AFAIK. That's also because, the service is free, yes FREE, until they upgrade to atleast 120 channels - no rentals till then. Yeah sounds odd, but I have verified it with 3 IOL executives.

hmmm.. have'nt recieved last months bill yet.. but this is gr8 news!! what abt the deposit?? is even that waived off??

Yeah, me too felt it was too good to be true. Hope they don't go back on this. It's not waived off, but will be included in first bill, whenever that it is.

yep.. i got last months bill and surprise surprise..no iptv charge🙂me thinks its only fair.. promising 177 channels & giving only 64

yeah, atleast sounds like they operating from a 'moral highground', till now - hope they continue to do so.

i think that the upgrade will come around diwali time.. bsnl is not advertising aggressively solely for this reason.. features in the pipeline include fm radio.. hope diwali brings us some cheer

i think they are still waiting for govt clearance. there were objection from DTH and cable ops abt IPTV.there was some kind of clarification from TRAI/govt but i cant recall what it was.

even these guys have not charged me rental for stb as well as security deposit for last 2 months (september and october).note: i have received my phone and triband bill. even in mumbai also we are not having espn starsports.

You people atleast 64 I'm getting only 55!!! :wall:

Hey Folks,

I am not getting any thing.. You atleast get 55. The problem is with my Broadband itself I suppose.. I have been beating the doors of BSNL to get the Set top box out of my house 'cas no channels work. The Data transfer rate should be 6MBPS to view TV. Mine is 2MBPS MAX 😡.

I dont want a bill to show up for not using any thing:wall:

It's around 60. Since yesterday most Sony channels are not coming due to some issue in their Mumbai centre. They have all the equipment to relay from Bangalore, but awaiting Karnataka Govt. Clearance it seems. Hmm, Karnataka Govt. .... Is there one ? ;o)

THis is an old thread. NOw its Jan 11 & the number of channels has come down from 61 (when I got IPTV in Oct-Nov) to 59. I think all this talk about clearances isn't right. Think the issues are technical. THey've launched the service without adequate testing. The IOL B'band people appear unnerved when asked about channels & when they are going to set right A/V distortion that happens off and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.