Budget is under 2K

I was looking into

Sony MDR XB450AP
Sony MDR XB50AP
MI in ear pro HD (launched today)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I recently got myself this:
AmazonBasics In-Ear Headphones with universal mic: Amazon.in: Electronics

Now this is probably not what you are looking for. I am not an audiophile so no idea how good or bad these are compared to earphones costing 1500+ but I love these. I find them better than the Sennheiser headphones I got 2-3 years ago for more than 1000 bucks. Just putting it out there 😛

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So here's my collection and my brief review if it helps. I am not a full blown audiophile, maybe somewhere in the middle 😛

2xvGVIN.jpg

1st : Sony MDR-XB70AP. This is my personal favorite as I am a basshead and XB series stands for XtraBass. But you loose clarity in the mids and highs.

2nd : Sony MW1. A bluetooth headset with a small LED display on it. This is the best quality bluetooth IEMs I have ever tried. The clarity is very close to wired earphones. Punchy bass, decent mids and highs. No longer on sale.

3rd : KZ-ATE : This one has the bass that's very close to the XB series of Sony and one of the cheapest and most underrated earphones I have tried. The mids and highs are decent too. My 2nd favorite.

4th : KZ-ZST : This one is a hybrid IEM. It has one dynamic diaphragm based driver for bass and one balanced armature for mids and highs. The bass is not as strong as KZ-ATE but a basshead would be happy enough. It wins in the mids and highs due to the balanced armature. I occasionally use this when I listen to trance, jazz and pop.

5th: Brainwavz R1 : This one has dual dynamic drivers. One for bass and one for mids and highs. Again not really for bassheads. Mids and highs are much clearer, not something a basshead would like. My sister uses this now 😛

And I doubt you'll be happy with Xiaomi In Ear HD Pro as they are advertising it to have a natural sound.

Upvote 0
BTW that's one heck of a collection ..damn
How much days did it take for KZ ATE to reach ??

Upvote 0
It would take anywhere between 20-30 days. I suggest paying for China Post Registered Mail shipping as it is trackable in India too. The cost is anywhere between $1 - $1.5.

Upvote 0
yup. do not pick the free shipping option. it does work 90% of the times. but it's the 10% that becomes a massive hassle 😀

Upvote 0
two of my low cost deliveries never arrived. seller kept on asking me to accept time extensions. 3 months later filed an appeal. and i think i saw refunds for both (around usd 5 in total) 3-4 days ago. this was on free china mail delivery. in comparison, i ordered choe usb-c cables around 10 days after these two orders but picked paid deliveries. they arrived in around 15-20 days 😛

Upvote 0
i get that. before these two deliveries, AliExpress had a 100% track record with free deliveries and i have been ordering from them for many years now. i have now decided to pay for delivery just to get them faster 😛

Upvote 0