BSNL Giga FTTH Broadband Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Zexen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 12,864
BSNL Bangalore has horrible plans in comparison to other regions from what i see here... there are many other ISP' who offer much better plans !

Bsnl FTTH

Lol,there's no competition here in Nagpur in any of the areas,I know a lot of my friends are struggling almost in every corner of Nagpur,excluding like the heart of city,where I doubt anyone would go for BSNL
And the plans are insanely costly.

@volcano619 What area are you in? I think we can give it a try irrespective of the competition they mentioned. Can just try a bluff.

Do you have any idea of the costs of installation? (The cable etc, not the name sake cost on website).

I live in Surve Nagar,arrived today and just got to know that the internet is down from 2 days :/
Have to start my vacation here trying to get my internet fixed,might as well ask the exchange aunties if there's any good ftth plan

I have been to the exchange and so far they have failed to tell me if my area is feasible.

Well i will try today and call them for a connection i live in Nagpur and i pay 1699 for 16 mpbs 160 gb to tata docomo.But bsnl has truly bad service my connection wasnt fixed for 1 month,thats what i am afriad of.
2000 rs plan is nice for me

Called today and they say that their cable is over and they are waiting for new cable till 20th. Typical BSNL. I guess we can just sit back and wait a few months, cause this isnt happening anytime soon IMO.

So they are saying that bsnl provides 50-100m max and I am 1 km away so if I need a connection then I have to pay 30k for the optic fibre cable

I tried too, but there is a queue and will have to wait, especially in areas away from the main city.

Don't go by these plans. The actual FTTH plans are area specific.
Here in Gurgaon BSNL is giving the following plans:

FTTH BB Plans:
499 - upto 2mbps upto 8gb, beyond 1 mbps
599- upto 4 Mbps upto 15 gb, beyond 2 Mbps

895- upto 16 Mbps upto 60 GB
1095- upto 40 Mbps upto 90 GB
1295- upto 100 Mbps 125 GB => My current plan.
1495- upto 100 Mbps upto 160 GB
1795- upto 100 Mbps upto 220 GB
Beyond limit the speed is upto 2 Mbps

Unlimited free local and std calls in all above plans except 499 & 599.

Since July they have been waiving of the FUP limit also so i am enjoying 100Mbps with unlimited data.

9cMJVUB.png

Last edited:
So they are saying that bsnl provides 50-100m max and I am 1 km away so if I need a connection then I have to pay 30k for the optic fibre cable

A year later, Rs.500 installation charge now.

I applied for the connection 10 days ago, fiber cable was installed 6 days ago but no one is coming from BSNL to splice the cable for ONT for 6 days, after countless calls to FTTH incharge and his false promises I called the officer in charge of the local office and she also said that they will come today but they didn't, don't know what to do now.