SBI launches work from home for employees

• Thread starter Thread starter ijsa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 680
My cousin brother is SBI PO, he works daily for 12 hours a day and posted in a rural area with no understanding of their native language. He has to pass departmental exams to get promotions from time to time. The extra hours of office he put in won't be giving him the bonus as they are from officer cadre and is expected to do so. The rural population mostly trusts government-backed PSB's as they consider them safe rather than those private banks, So service deteriorates. Just bashing or stereotyping Government employees isn't very good.

Last edited:
Respect to your cousin.....

But Rest assured he won't be given "Work at home" facility..... at least as long as he is serving in rural area...

How can a bank employee work from home? It's not like a person has to process online transactions manually?

I think its for backend work only mostly that they do after branch closes for customers.

but considering banking data would be highly sensitive in nature... how can it be allowed to be processed from someone's home. even if they provide a secure VPN environment! plus i highly doubt sbi has gone so digital that everything done in the backend can be done on computers remotely and no paperwork is involved. for every single thing they ask me to write paper applications and submit at parent branch lol.