Airtel Rs. 345 Recharge: Unlimited Local/STD Calls + 500MB Day 500MB Night Data for 28 Days

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram

georgemp

Regulars
Jan 10, 2013
They want to compete with Jio, but, with an added Airtel twist on the 500MB daytime FUP :)

Will Thompson

Regulars
Dec 23, 2014
And Airtel's games just started. The offer is no longer visible on My Airtel app and when I called the CC he said the offer was valid yesterday but it isn't today. I was like but the offer on My Airtel app and in the SMSes I have been receiving explicitly stated recharge before 31st Mar and you will get the offer for the next 12 months. So were they sending false information to customers and if Airtel's sole purpose was to scam their customers. Him and the supervisor I was then transferred to had no answers. Supervisor apologized, raised a complaint and said must be a technical glitch then and he will ensure the offer would be applicable on this number soon. Even in this age where they are getting their ass handed to them (I have already ported one number to Voda 2 days ago who gave me the 346 offer for 1 year), their shenanigans just don't stop.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
I did not have this last night as well. Noticed 1GB for 155. Took it. I usually was forced to get 1.5GB for 259.

Bsnl Super User

Lost in Books
Regulars
Sep 22, 2015
You got lucky! Not everyone is blessed to get such an offer. Considering reliability of Airtel 500 Mb + UL call ( with some T&C) are still worth it but will they continue this plan for an entire year, I think that they are waiting for JIO Prime membership period to get over.

Will Thompson

Regulars
Dec 23, 2014
The simple truth is almost every other operator is providing similar plans to the JIO 149 and 303. Airtel for some bizarre reason a) Are providing it to select few and even then they withdraw it without notice when explicitly stating offer can be used till 31st Mar.
B) The shenanigans with 500 MB day and night and night time also keeps on varying.

It is this tomfoolery that must be making a lot of customers like myself angry and making them consider switching to other providers, despite Airtel having the most reliable network.

Reactions: Lobogris

Bsnl Super User

Lost in Books
Regulars
Sep 22, 2015
Yep, 500MB data then after that it must be 64 Kbps UL otherwise people will be accidently paying for their extra data usage based on per kb charge which is quite high. I recommend people using this plan to send "STOP" to 1925 to stop data services from your mobile balance otherwise a day will come when you will overuse data which will result in bill shock.

Last edited:

georgemp

Regulars
Jan 10, 2013
Pack has disappeared from my airtel app as well. Toying with the idea of switching to Jio, but, I figure they will start their shenanigans too - sooner or later.

Bsnl Super User

Lost in Books
Regulars
Sep 22, 2015
But will this pack has night data 50% cashback like if I use 500 MB during 3-5 AM then will I be getting 250 MB next morning extra and is this 1GB (500MB+500MB )data sharable with airtel myfamily numbers.

Will Thompson

Regulars
Dec 23, 2014
Well I don't see this pack or the 145 one on either of the 2 Airtel numbers we have left, when they were available till about 2 days ago. I have talked to a few others and they also said the offer had been withdrawn on their numbers too. I talked to a nodal rep and she said the same thing. I was like these plans were there till 2-3 days ago and she had no answer but to say they are not available for these numbers and she didn't know if and when such plans would be made available.

I have no idea what is going on around here. It seems that Airtel have gone back to a Don't give a damn attitude. Perhaps they aren't losing enough customers to care?