No Minimum balance required in SBI with flat 3% Interest rate (Rs 3000 MAB earlier)

yup. like telecom companies, banks should inform the customers six months before any account specific policy is changed.

I find pvt banks like yesbank better. no sms charges also.

They don't even warn I think if min Bal is bellow is 5k, I just came to know about this today..

^ second tweet : Earlier, they used to charge 100rs plus gst for not maintaining minimum 5k. Now that limit is reduced to 3k and the charges (penalty) for not maintaining 3k minimum is being reduced 20~50%

someone told me they are losing accounts as people nowadays hardly visit branch. For atm card & access they are already getting annual fees & other charges.

i think jan dhan accounts took care of that problem. few people closing their accounts would not lessen any load on them. they just would not be able to mint money from them. which is why they charge rs. 500+tax... Rs. 590 today I guess for account closing.

Finance Ministry data shows the country's largest lender, State Bank of India, collected Rs 1,771 crore during April-November 2017 as charges from customers who did not maintain their minimum monthly average balance in their accounts, according to a report in The Indian Express. This is more than the bank's July-September quarter net profit of Rs 1,581.55 crore and nearly half of the Rs 3,586 crore it earned as net profit April-September.

Last edited by a moderator: