(Rs. 3000 now) SBI Minimum Balance Requirement in Cities is now Rs. 5000

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
well not really a gamble as you can move out any day. but still annoying. i mean banks should not be allowed to change account features without informing the customer at least six months in advance like trai has it for mobile operators (though i do not think even that happens here in india).

i mean till we have bank account portability, changing bank account has a lot of hassles. you get your income tax refunds in it. people with loans have to keep them operational till the loan is fully paid. for people getting online payments, the bank details has to be updated at all the places where you get your payments from.

personally, i would not think twice before dumping yes bank if they start doing the shit that icici bank has been doing wrt aadhaar for example.

Reactions: volcano619

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
same thing with credit cards. my stanchart cashback credit card was awesome when i got it nearly 10 years ago. today it is mostly useless unless i keep in mind 10 different conditions before using it at specific places. at least it is still free and only saves me money.

webie

Regulars
Aug 21, 2015
I have this 4 year old ICICI Privilage account (society based account) as I live in commercial area in Gurgaon.

Features?
NEFT - NO FEE
IMPS - NO FEE
CARDS? NO FEE.
CREDIT CARD - NO FEE (However they charge 25+gst for redeeming points lol
Unlimited transactions for ATM (any ATM machine)
No monthly balance.

It's the best account I ever had. However 4% interest only which is fine as I keep money in either digibank / kotak 811 or airtel for interest, for normal trxns, ICICI is awesome an service is awesome too.

Reactions: ijsa

Navjot Singh

The Punisher
Regulars
Sep 7, 2005
Delhi
SBI reduces minimum balance charges to Rs 15 from up to Rs 50 earlier

The charges for non-maintenance of AMB for customers in Metro and Urban centres have been reduced from a maximum of Rs 50 per month to Rs 15 per month. Similarly for Semi-Urban and Rural centres, the charges have been reduced from Rs 40 every month to Rs 12 and Rs 10 GST charges will be applicable over and above the rates specified above.

The revised charges will be effective from April 01, 2018 and will benefit over 25 crore customers.