Reliance Jio no longer has night unlimited between 2am-5am on any plan

• Thread starter Thread starter ankur499
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 136
  • Views Views 20,852
Got off the line with a Customer Care fellow. He said that the 2 - 5 AM unlimited downloads will still be continued after April 1st. This was even after I told him about the vague reply in the FAQ.

Even on Twitter, their @JioCare handle is just posting the copy paste reply to the FAQ, there's no clear 'Yes' or 'No'.

at least they did this today and not on 31st. they could probably have done it on march 31 and it still would have been fine as per the regulations as the consumer only pay for the plan itself from april 1 so the six month advance notice is not applicable.

Got off the line with a Customer Care fellow. He said that the 2 - 5 AM unlimited downloads will still be continued after April 1st. This was even after I told him about the vague reply in the FAQ.

Even on Twitter, their @JioCare handle is just posting the copy paste reply to the FAQ, there's no clear 'Yes' or 'No'.
Preach.I know for a fact that unlimited at night is going to stay and that is what my friend working at Jio said.

The same customer care guys told me that you need pay 99+303 one time and you'll get one year free UL 😀

Coming from non-official source but reliable 2-5 AM downloads will continue for JIO apps only that is smart download only other data usage will be counted, for net velocity and trai speed test app, data won't be counted at any point of time. Students will be getting 25% extra data only on fixed GB plan per month or yearly not daily reset fup plans means 9999/- plan will give you 750+25 % extra = 938 GB of data but 499/- plan will give 2GB data daily not 2.5 GB data daily for students.

Well that doesn't help does it now BSNL Super User. Most of the downloading doesn't involve the use of Jio apps. It is disappointing that JIO seems to be turning back on the promises made even before the actual paid subscriptions take effect. Who knows how things will change going ahead 3-6 months from now.

Not ambiguous! Its a clear NO but stretched in to a paragraph!!

They are like we give you 1GB whole day which we believe is sufficient for you - so we believe you dont need unlimited at night because as per us you are anyway getting unlimited!!
Are emotions ko samjho yaar 😛

Even without night unlimited, these are really good plans. So it makes sense that they would do away with the extra benefit. Just remember, it wasn't a long time ago when Airtel was charging 999 for 7 - 8 GB, now Jio is offering 60GB for the same rate.

Well that doesn't help does it now BSNL Super User. Most of the downloading doesn't involve the use of Jio apps. It is disappointing that JIO seems to be turning back on the promises made even before the actual paid subscriptions take effect. Who knows how things will change going ahead 3-6 months from now.

I believe within a year, we will be back to 2015 levels of plans. Just that instead of voice, you pay for data and that too double of total cost in 2014-2015. If god forbid, Jio becomes a monopoly then it would be fun.

What I really find strange is how Airtel, Vodafone and Idea were caught pants down after Jio announced Jio Join Offer/ Jio Welcome Offer/ Jio Happy New Year Offer. This Jio hype was going on since ages. 3-4 years back and yet none of the prevailing operators made any effort to get their network up to speed. Airtel only spend money on fake advertising how fast their network is and how much capacity their network has. But we all know how that turned out to be.

Remains to be seen how many people would still find these plans good when the calling issue would continue after April.

Jio was always going to be cheap. The question is how bad would the service be. A lot of you are focused on data. If the service cannot even be used reliably for voice... what good is a cheap plan. Sure most people can get around this issue by using a double sim phone. But when you blame Airtel and Vodafone for high prices, do realize that they have existed for years providing pretty decent services enabling the country to reach this stage. Most people tend to showcase Jio like Modi loves to showcase himself. He is the savior. Nothing good existed before he arrived on the scene. Everyone before him was horrible. Jio is just launching. Airtel has been serving millions of customers since the 90s. Ambani launched Rcom. Fucked up the market and dumped it. Only to come back with Jio and he is fucking it up again with unreasonable tariffs and lowering the overall quality of service and with that what people accept as a reasonable service for the price they are paying.

@Sushubh I can't speak for everyone, but at least in Mumbai Circle, calls do get connected quickly and voice clarity is damn near excellent. Very rarely, like 3 times, have I had to hear the 'All lines on this route are busy' in the last 19 days, since I switched my primary number to Jio.

I believe within a year, we will be back to 2015 levels of plans. Just that instead of voice, you pay for data and that too double of total cost in 2014-2015. If god forbid, Jio becomes a monopoly then it would be fun.
I would say price would increase 10-30% at max if they get enough no of users on 303 recharge.
Again if most of user hop on to 149 plan then sure that recharge would get a price increase.
It's more like airline game now. They have build up the capacity now it need to be seen who fills the capacity at what price.

but at least in Mumbai Circle, calls do get connected quickly
well. calling is a two way process. if you had tried to call my dad's jio number from a non jio number, it would not have worked. so even if you are able to make outgoing calls, you might have no idea if people are able to make incoming calls to your jio number.